PDA

View Full Version : Compatable Angels?

Aquadam
01/17/2008, 10:16 AM
Does anyone have a good suggestion for other angels that would get along with a French Angel in a 600gal tank. The French is still a juvinille. I thought maybe a Blue Angel, being that they are different genera.

ccampbell57
01/17/2008, 03:23 PM
I have a blueface, Queen, and Emperor in mine and they get along fine.

If I were you, in a 600 gallon, I would add one or all of the above along with a Scribbled, Regal, and a goldflake!!

thor32766
01/18/2008, 10:53 AM
yeah you shouldnt have any problems with two angels in a tank that size. also considering your adding juvis.

jnc914
01/18/2008, 12:30 PM
Not to Hijack the thread, but is it easier, or more feasible if a person adds a juvi of another angel to a tank where there is already an established Angel; or will the threat of aggression be equal as if you just added a small adult angel to the tank? I have been researching this, as I want to add another angel to my 290. However I have a 7" adult Emperor who I think would not take too kindly to that idea. I was thinking of adding a small blue line or a juvi goldflake. I know Tremelle has posted on the Reef Fish forum about his tank with multiple angels, and I was very impressed that there was no aggression. Although I think he got lucky with that.

lesleybird
01/18/2008, 09:47 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11630744#post11630744 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jnc914
Not to Hijack the thread, but is it easier, or more feasible if a person adds a juvi of another angel to a tank where there is already an established Angel; or will the threat of aggression be equal as if you just added a small adult angel to the tank? I have been researching this, as I want to add another angel to my 290. However I have a 7" adult Emperor who I think would not take too kindly to that idea. I was thinking of adding a small blue line or a juvi goldflake. I know Tremelle has posted on the Reef Fish forum about his tank with multiple angels, and I was very impressed that there was no aggression. Although I think he got lucky with that.

I would try the Goldflake. Maybe a 3 and a half to 4 and a half inch size. I have had a couple of Goldflakes and they are very easy going and not very territorial fish. Mine got along with a Majestic but he had worms from the beginning and died. The Goldflake is a good choice also because it does not look like the Emperor and would let the Emperor still be in charge in the tank without challenge. I now keep a Scribbled angel with my Majestic angel in my 190. My Majestic is 4 and a half inches and was in there first, my Scribbled is 3 and a half inches and added last. The Scribbled angel stayed out of the Majestic's way for the first week or two and there was a little chasing but no torn fins on the Scribbled. Now it is a couple of months later and the swim around near each other without problems. I even caught them sleeping in the same large cave last night. You would like the Goldflake as they are interested in humans and often come up to the glass and looking at people. My Scribbled is also a very personable fish....Squiggy comes up to the glass when I stick my face there. In a big tank like yours you could do another angel, but not an agressive one like a Queen probably (or any from the same family). Lesley