PDA

View Full Version : ReefRoids?

ridinfast03
01/18/2008, 08:51 AM
Anyone using? If you are what are your experiences, good or bad? And what did you pay for it? Thanks

bertoni
01/18/2008, 05:32 PM
I haven't used that product. Without knowing what's in it, I can't say much about it.

Trotter
01/18/2008, 05:39 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11633385#post11633385 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bertoni
I haven't used that product. Without knowing what's in it, I can't say much about it.

LOL!! Great answer!

Icefire
01/19/2008, 02:30 PM
I try a small amount, mixed in water and dumped in the tank, no real effect exept my mush who would ball up to catch food.
I have no sps so hard to say

FunkieReefJunkie
01/20/2008, 12:43 AM
Why does Preparation H come to mind when my brain translates that? Clenching my butt cheeks as I write. I think people keeping dendros, carnations and other filter feeders have had success with it.

Jeff
01/20/2008, 05:07 AM
This was an interesting thread to read. Noone had anything useful to add ;)

BlakDuc
01/20/2008, 05:53 AM
Jeff, that is what I was thinking. That being said, I haven't used it either. I have used Blackpowder about a half hour after lights out and everything goes nuts. I would imagine this stuff would cause a similar effect.

packer
01/20/2008, 10:09 AM
I have been using it for about a year now. I like it as it is very fine grind and things in tank seem to react to it. I have recently added some coral amino acids to it and fed it after soaking awhile. It is comproable to TLF zoplankton, but a finer grind and by the looks a bit more cyclops. I have a 1 1/2 year old gonipora still fat and healthy so this might be helping it. I think that is what the products original base was set for. I got it thru Marinedepot.com

packer
01/20/2008, 10:14 AM
And talk about not knowing whats in it....Blackpowder!! I think that even has guano in it from what I have read. Afew people I know used it and yes, everything went nuts. But after a few months they had some major issues with thier tanks. I will stick with simple zooplankton, and thats what reefroids is. But agreed also, I thought it was something you went to the doctor for after spending countless hours sitting staring into your wonderful reef tank!

918ReefCpl
01/20/2008, 10:25 AM
We've been using it in our 125 for awhile - got it from a fellow RC'r who was leaving the hobby for a bit...VERY fine grind, almost like the old Tetra baby 'fry' food. Does have an odor to it (not a spoiled smell) and we mix it with some tank water & cyclops powder then drop it infront of the Koralia's which disperse it throughout the tank. Less then a minute after it hits the water, you can see a reaction as the shrimps, nassarius snails pop out of their hiding places and our feather dusters/caulastrea really extend to catch the particles floating thru the tank. No negatives that are obvious to report on...

ridinfast03
01/22/2008, 06:41 AM
Haha well thank you to all the users that posted something helpful and the for the rest of you, I hope your reef_buttroids are ok. I think I may try it and if I do I will try to post up some quaterly results.