PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Ick

Nanz
01/18/2008, 01:40 PM
Last night I saw some white spots on my Tang and it appears that he has Ick. I believe that I had introduced a fish with Ick that I thought was fine after 4 weeks in QT tank. I had a bangai cardinal and they are difficult to detect Ick on because they have white dots on them normally. I can setup a hospital tank and treat the tang but I cannot catch the guy. He is so fast and smart. Does anyone know how to catch this fish?

My second question is should I remove all the fish from my display?

I have the following fish:
Gold-rim Tang (Ick spotted)
Maroon Clown
Fairy Wrasse
Shrimp Goby
Sailfin Blenny
Mandarin

I have no idea how I’m going to get the shrimp goby out either. He always goes under the rock where my pistol shrimp dug a hole. I hope I don’t have to remove all the fish. Please help if you can.. Thanks

Neptune777
01/19/2008, 05:47 AM
Unfortunately the only way to guarantee that your main tank will be Ich free is to remove all fish (Perform a Hyposalinity treatment in QT) and leave the main display fallow for 6 weeks.

The only fish I would be concerned about in QT is the mandarin because of their dietary needs. It is reported that they do not get Ich but I can assure you that is not 100% the case.

natan
01/19/2008, 11:19 AM
u can try removing fish at night (lights off 4 an hour) with a read torch (worked 4 me). mandarins do get ich, i lost one to it.