PDA

View Full Version : Want to add two more fish

liv4speed1
01/18/2008, 01:45 PM
Hello, I am posting on my brothers account. I'm fairly new to this hobby myself but have a nice some-what established tank.

It's a 90 gallon tank with around 55 lbs of Live Rock. This is a tank for an office, so we like a wide array of color in it.

Currently we have:
Purple Tang
Blue Hippo Tang (no comments on the tank size please)
Koran Angel
a general clean up crew

We would like to add a pair of Juv A. ocellaris to the tank. Would that put pushing the limits of what we can keep in there? This is really just a FOWLR tank, it has some Mushrooms in there but nothing major.

Thanks

rustybucket145
01/18/2008, 01:48 PM
(no comments on the tank size please)

Ok, so let me ask you this..... How am I supposed to make a livestock recommendation without commenting on tank size?

Go ahead and put them in, doesn't matter what people say, obviously you're gonna do what you want to do no matter what.

r0bin
01/18/2008, 01:49 PM
I don't think adding the clowns would be a problem, I just think one of the other fish probably need to go. Those fish get to large to all be in a 90 together.

liv4speed1
01/18/2008, 01:53 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11631367#post11631367 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rustybucket145
Ok, so let me ask you this..... How am I supposed to make a livestock recommendation without commenting on tank size?

Go ahead and put them in, doesn't matter what people say, obviously you're gonna do what you want to do no matter what.

I love the rude opinion. Thanks!

I did not want anyone to come in and start complaining about Hippo Tangs in a 90 gallon tank. We're going to set up a larger tank setup in about a month to put it in, and going to replace that fish.

r0bin thank you for the opinion

sgarron
01/18/2008, 02:04 PM
What kind of filtration do you have? 55lbs of LR in a 90gallon tank is no where near enough. 100 - 150 would be more beneficial.

theclearblue
01/18/2008, 03:13 PM
If you're planning to upgrade in a month, then please wait to put in the new fish until the new tank is set up.

Justifying a livestock purchase based on future plans is often used as an excuse for housing fish in an improper environment.