PDA

View Full Version : Lumen Max Reflector. Lowest price?

GlassShark
01/20/2008, 09:04 AM
Does anyone have a good connection for the Lumen max reflector, or are the better reflectors out there. thinking of changing my lighting and wondering whats the best direction to go for a 8' long 31" wide reef tank.

TwistedTiger
01/20/2008, 10:19 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11642632#post11642632 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GlassShark
Does anyone have a good connection for the Lumen max reflector, or are the better reflectors out there. thinking of changing my lighting and wondering whats the best direction to go for a 8' long 31" wide reef tank.
Look in the LumenBright thread, those and Lumenarcs are probably better reflectors.

ksed
01/20/2008, 11:36 AM
I've just ordered 2 lumenmax II reflectors going on a 48x24x24 tank. The reason I went with those were that they use a German aluminum WIMO are of high quality, and the fact that they are using two different types of reflectors which both give you the best of both worlds IMO.Also it has a smaller foot print than the lumenarc minis not by much but enough to benefit me.
Hope this helps

DarG
01/20/2008, 12:05 PM
Ksed, I was probably in the same boat as you are. If I went with the Lumenarc minis I couldnt fit any T5's over my tank. The Lumenmax was a couple of inches narrower and that was the difference between being able to have T5's and not. With the general information that there is no performance difference between the arc's and the max's and then with that one member who tested both and gave the edge to the Lumenmax, it was an easy choice to spend the extra 20 bucks per reflector on the Lumenmax vs the Lumenarcs.

Glass shark, check out some of the horticulture sites for the Lumenmax reflectors. A few of the large ones sell aquarium lighting as well. Sometimes they are a few bucks cheaper at the hort. sites.

Check Horticulture Source dot com. I have gotten some stuff from them for the aquarium and they have specials sometimes on the sunlight supply lighting products. I think they may be related to SS in some way but with the great service I have gotten from them I am probably wrong. Anyway, always got fast shipping and good service from them and found some decent deals. Even added an item to their catalog after I contacted them for a special order item and they were quick to get it for me. Not sure if they will have the best price but worth a check.

Excellent reflectors by the way.

Good luck.

ecojoe
01/20/2008, 12:45 PM
Reef Specialty (http://www.reefspecialty.com) has a great price on the LumenBright reflectors, and they were running a grand opening special for 10% off which brought the total to $99 a piece. Mike is great to deal with and helps out in any way he can too, I'd definitely recommend him.

GQuinn
01/20/2008, 04:52 PM
I got my Lumenmax from Seeds Etc. (on EBAY) price included free shipping.