PDA

View Full Version : Is this a disease?

Saltwaterstart
01/21/2008, 03:25 PM
Hello everyone!

It seems to me that one of my fish has become either infected, or at least injured.

My Coral Beauty angelfish has been in my tank for about 6 months now, without anything but an ick scare (turned out to be sand). Anyways, it is very healthy, fat and is eating both algae and frozen plankton like a pig.

A few days ago,I came home from school to see it with a scar just beside it's eye. It wasn't very big, and looked like a lightning bolt. Since then, I have called him Harry. I just left him in the tank, because if he had anything wrong with him, he would just go next to the cleaner shrimp and let the shrimp do what he does best.

Anyways, today, I came home from school to empty out the skimmer and replace the algae sheet to find that the angel's scar had almost completely healed, but on his right side, it looked like he was burned and his skin was peeling! Right now, it looks as though he just developed an extra thick slime coat. I don't know if it is an infection, or anything else like it, but it certainly doesn't look like the fish is in any sort of distress.

I just thought I should check in the disease forum to get some information before I go and treat him. Any thoughts on this?