PDA

View Full Version : Help with my Porc Puffer

Thakr21
01/22/2008, 01:12 PM
Noticed today that my Porc Puffer has some white spots on his fins! Is this iche? I've seen these spots on many Porc Puffers before, I cant believe it to be normal though. Please Help. I'll try and get a pic.

talksalt
01/22/2008, 01:15 PM
Probably. I seen the same thing one day and mixed a little garlic powder in some krill and fed it to him. Was gone the next day. Had him 1.5 years after that before the whole tank crashed.

Puffalicious
01/22/2008, 01:37 PM
garlic seems to be working for a lot of people. I also use garlic when I see white spots on my fishes and they're gone within a day or two. Try it and post updates.

Itz Irish
01/22/2008, 02:26 PM
this may be a stupid question, and i apologize for it, but what/how do you use your garlic?

crazedpuffer
01/22/2008, 02:27 PM
soak your food in water with cut up garlic for half hour-hour

JustinReef
01/22/2008, 02:35 PM
Certainly try garlic and hope for the best but I would set up a QT tank in case you need it. Don't rush to get him into QT if it isn't getting any worse but Porcupine Puffers are some of the hardest puffers to rid of ich...very much like Tangs. If its not bad now, you should have time to cycle a sponge for your QT. Watch his breathing carefully and appetite.

Good luck and keep us posted.

BTW, I would use fresh garlic crushed, not powder. The drying process removes too much benificial stuff. One of my puffers will actually eat small pieces of garlic that is mixed in with the food!

limitedslip
01/22/2008, 07:09 PM
Just make sure the spots stay on the fin if you touch it. I went through a whole week of stress for nothing onece because of it.
Found out my porc likes to roll in the sand bed, and picks up the sand which sticks to it, and looks like ich. When it came up to get some food, and started spitting, alot of the dots fell off.

Thakr21
01/22/2008, 07:27 PM
Just bought some garlic. I put some saltwater in a glass with the garlic and brine shrimp, stirring occasionally. I assume thats how you do it? I'll keep ya posted on the fish