PDA

View Full Version : New Reef Tank - Design Questions / Looking for input and feedback

aalhait
01/23/2008, 12:49 PM
I'm finally building my dream reef tank.

It's a 150G Tank in the wall. I have a custom made Sump which I have a little giant pump for the return (PVC piping) The sump is a 36" in length, 12" Wide and 24" High. It has 3 chambers.

The 1st is the Bio Balls section, the 2nd is for the skimmer (Bubble Master 160) and possibly the Monitors/Heater. The 3rd has the hole for the External Pump (Probably for the Chemical Filter Media and possibly a 2nd pump that goes to the attic back to a boiler room closet which is about 6 feet away from the tank and back (That will go through the Chiller (Current 1/3HP Dual Stage), Integrated Heater) then to an inline 36W UV Filter. and back again to the tank. I'm also thinking of adding a Neptune Aqua Controller III Pro to it, Where would I place it? In the sump??

Also I would like to add an overflow drain to the sump where a water change would just drain to outside the home into the rain gutter system. Anybody attempted such a thing?

I'll try to post some pictures for feedback and suggestions.

Also can anybody suggest if I should make some holes in the sump chamber barrier to lower the water level? 12" looks to be too high to me especially for the BM160 skimmer?

Your suggestions are much apreciated.

Thank you,