PDA

View Full Version : tunze for a 46 bow

jason71832
01/23/2008, 03:25 PM
Which tunze would you recommend for a 46 bow, LPS and soft coral, and a few fish? I like the price on the 9002 nano, but I'm not sure it will be big enough. Anyone?

rvitko
01/23/2008, 05:18 PM
It is at the limit, if the stock level will be very low it might work but I would recommend a bigger skimmer or using the Nano Reefpack so you can supplement the skimming with some carbon and phosphate remover.

jason71832
01/23/2008, 06:21 PM
roger,
What about a Remora C HOB...that is my other choice (money is somewhat of an issue) and it is supposed to be designed to keep from overflowing into the floor. I hear a lot of stories on here about people comming home to find several gallons of water in the floor from the HOB. what's your opinion?

rvitko
01/24/2008, 10:53 AM
I think that most users will tell you the 9002 is at least as strong as a Remora. I think you need a bigger skimmer than that. Now, I do have a close friend who had a 46 bowfront he set up for his daughter and it is a very basic tank, lots of mushrooms and polyps, xenia, ricordia, a couple nice fish and a couple basic branching montiporas and a frogspawn. It just has a T-5 light set up with 4 tubes and he was using a Remora and the tank looked OK, his main problem was noise. I gave him a Reefpack 200 to try and the main result is it is quieter but nothing he keeps is too demanding and he almost never feeds as the only inhabitants are a small flasher wrasse and a golden pygmy angel, I think he throws a cube of mysis in every couple days but there is very little load. He uses chemipure in the filter portion. The tank runs well but the trick is nothing is sensitive and the load is very light, he also changes about 10% of the water every couple weeks. You can do it but it all depends on what you will keep and your general maintanence.