PDA

View Full Version : New fish intro?

rob020880
01/23/2008, 11:56 PM
I just started a new 130 gal tank with 30 gal sump. I have introduced two percula clown fish and a firefish so far. There was about one month between the two intros.

I would like to know what is a good frequency of new additions? Do I look for specific water parameters or do I wait a certain amount of time?

Also I would like to know which fish to introduce and when, I plan on keeping the following:

Clownfish - done
Firefish - done
Yellow Tang - TBD
Powder Blue Tang - TBD
Catalina Goby - TBD
Mandarin - TBD
Blue Green Chromis - TBD
Anthias - TBD

What do you guys think?

nemonick84
01/24/2008, 01:04 AM
I think you're on the right track. I see this is the fish list you made mention to in your previous post. Solid selection. Pretty hardy fish for the most part. If the tank has cycled and has been running for a couple months now then I'd say you're good to go.
As far as frequency of additions is concerned, as long as your water parameters are in check and there's no reason for concern, then add whenever you see fit. This doesn't apply to every fish, but with the ones you've listed above, with the exception of the Mandarin, you should be fine.
The two tangs I would introduce together. They're known to be territorial at times so this way you can avoid competition right from the start and let both fish adjust peacefully. Also, try to buy tangs that are similar in size. That, I'm sure, will also help with the comfort level. The goby, chromis, and anthias should be fine to add around the same time as one-another. The mandarin I'd wait - at the very least - 6 months. Allow the pod population to increase so that once you introduce your predatory mandarin, the pod population can remain stable and withstand a perpetual feasting on.

HTH and best of luck!

Nick

demonsp
01/24/2008, 01:06 AM
Add some CUC then wait add another fish or coral wait add more CUC and a fish or coral.Slow and easy with a balance.

rob020880
01/24/2008, 11:58 AM
I forgot to metion that I already have a large cleanup crew in there. Will this effect the timing in any way.