PDA

View Full Version : Problem with ric? - pic's

dileggi
01/24/2008, 12:50 PM
I've had my ric rock for a little over a month. I have a BC29, and the ric's are under 1 36w PC 10K & 1 36w actinic. All my stocking and tank info is all listed below.

Water param's:
Ph 8.2
Amonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10
Phosphate 0
Ca 400
dKH 10
Salinity 1.023 (a little low, I know)

It seems that my ric is losing it's color. But, it's only the front side's...near the front of the glass that appear that away. The one's on the same rock, but facing the rear of the tank seem to be doing fine. I even have some new buds coming up on the top and on the sides facing the rear.

Can anyone tell if these look like a flow issue or a too much/too little light issue?

I've included one full tank pic so that you can see the placement within the tank itself. Any help or insight would be greatly appreicated.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh79/dileggi/RicordiaRock.jpg http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh79/dileggi/RicordiaClose-up.jpg http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh79/dileggi/FullTank2.jpg

kwilson80439
01/24/2008, 02:17 PM
It looks like a yuma, now is about time you can have problens with adjustment time, one month. I would say if part is ok, then the bad part id bleaching out, the wide open mouth is a very bad sign that it;s gone. The only thing I can say is that I don't think you have enough light for the size of tank and the deapth.

dileggi
01/24/2008, 02:42 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11677744#post11677744 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kwilson80439
It looks like a yuma, now is about time you can have problens with adjustment time, one month. I would say if part is ok, then the bad part id bleaching out, the wide open mouth is a very bad sign that it;s gone. The only thing I can say is that I don't think you have enough light for the size of tank and the deapth.

Thank you very much. Does this mean that placement may just be the problem and that I should try raising it up some on the rocwork, closer to the lights?

If so, based on my lights and size tank, how far up should I try?

Lance M.
01/24/2008, 03:02 PM
I would say that the polyp in the picture is too far gone to really do anything to help it. Just hope for the best. It does look like a bleached yuma.

That is relatively low light but it shouldnt really be a problem for yumas. However I would have it placed at least midway in the tank in full light, no shade.

dileggi
01/24/2008, 03:18 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11678126#post11678126 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Lance M.
I would say that the polyp in the picture is too far gone to really do anything to help it. Just hope for the best. It does look like a bleached yuma.

That is relatively low light but it shouldnt really be a problem for yumas. However I would have it placed at least midway in the tank in full light, no shade.

Ok, so now I know that I cannot save the one that looks bad on the rock. Hopefully, by taking your advice Lance, I can at least save the rest of the rock that has not yet gone bad. I'll move it tonight and see what happens.

Thanks!

Lance M.
01/24/2008, 03:52 PM
Well don't give up on it, but don't be too upset if it dies. At least you have a couple little ones.

dileggi
01/24/2008, 04:04 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11678516#post11678516 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Lance M.
Well don't give up on it, but don't be too upset if it dies. At least you have a couple little ones.

Gotcha. I definitely won't give up on it. I'll move and hope for the best!

Thanks again!

erbio
01/27/2008, 07:56 PM
dileggi, buy a new test kit and make sure everything is in check.

You stated in your first post that your p04 is zero however it does not look like it.

dileggi
01/28/2008, 12:37 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11702274#post11702274 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by erbio
dileggi, buy a new test kit and make sure everything is in check.

You stated in your first post that your p04 is zero however it does not look like it.

Hey erbio. Yeah, my P04 is testing 0, but I am aware that's just "testing the water column". With all the algae that has spurted, I know that's using the phosphates, which is why I'm testing 0.

I've been running GFO for a little over a month now and I've just recenlty added some cheato to a corner of my display as well to reduce any p04 that's in there that isn't registering.