PDA

View Full Version : Help my Blue Hippo Please

tootsiedaisy
01/25/2008, 10:53 AM
My blue hippo has a cloudy somewhat protuding left eye and his stomach area looks like he has a bunch of wrinckles so his skin looks like vacuum sealed brains for a lack of better explanation but it only seem to be on his left side heres a not so good pichttp://home.wi.rr.com/vbecker/tang1.jpg

Fish_wiz2
01/25/2008, 12:01 PM
Might be fungus so isolate him and treat with medicine (try copper free medication so it is not so hard on him like AP Melafix combined with Primafix or Seachem Paraguard). Hope he'll be okay.

Sk8r
01/25/2008, 12:02 PM
Take this to the Fish Disease forum. I'm suspecting this is bacterial. He may have anything from a parasite, however, to an intestinal obstruction: I just have never seen anything like it. Get him out to quarantine asap, prepared for medication.

r0bin
01/25/2008, 01:33 PM
Sounds like cloudy eye (bacterial infection) and some possible mal-nourishment. From the pic. its hard to see. I def. think it needs antibiotics.

Andrew
01/25/2008, 02:29 PM
Can you get a better picture if possible? Can you also give some tank info? Water levels? Stocking list? When was he added to the tank?

tootsiedaisy
01/25/2008, 05:18 PM
Ive been feeding him food with freshly chopped garlic he seem to be acting better