PDA

View Full Version : How to dial in Rogue wave skimmer?

haywood2
01/25/2008, 12:43 PM
I bought a Bermuda Aquatics Rogue Wave skimmer(HOB w/internal pump) and I can never get it dialed in. Whenever it seems just right, I will come home a few hours later and the box is completely filled with fresh water instead of muck. Should I make the tube going from the pump to the actual skimmer shorter? Anyone have any ideas? Seems like a $200 waste to me.

jehudson
01/25/2008, 01:08 PM
How long has it been set-up? My skimmer (not a rogue wave) filled up the collection cup continuously till it was broken in. I had to drain it into a bucket with some tubing till it slowed down. It took about 48 hours.

I was looking on **********.com at the specs for your skimmer and the instructions don't seem to indicate how deep into the tank to hang the pump ... but my pump is supposed to be no more than four inches below the water line. Sounds like it's just breaking-in, however.

haywood2
01/25/2008, 10:20 PM
Anyone have any other ideas? jehudson, are you saying you let the collection cup fill up nemerous times before it settled in? Wouldn't you lost a couple gallons that way? Mine can be completely full within minutes, it just goes haywire. I am thinking I need to shorten the tubing and then see how that goes.

jehudson
01/26/2008, 12:50 AM
My collection cup did fill up a few times, and I did lose enough water to have to mix up some more (two to three gal)... but it sounds like you're skimmer is filling up much faster than mine did. Eventually I was able to slowly bring the water-level up in the skimmer.

Oh ... Have you added any stress coat or the like (something with aloe maybe)? I made that mistake early on and my skimmer went absolutely crazy ... I lost about 7 galons of water before it even began to slow down.

demonsp
01/26/2008, 12:52 AM
How old is the unit as they need a few days to break in so dail it low and monitor.