PDA

View Full Version : Mechanical Filtration in BioCube?

MyMonkey
01/25/2008, 01:32 PM
I am attempting to abide by recomended upgrades such as the fuge in 2nd chamber and removal of bio-balls and the blue sponge etcetera. However, I am curious how to keep some form of mechanical filtration present in the tank?

I presume filter floss will work but am not sure where to put it. CHamber 1? Stuff it in the top? I did place the blue sponge there for now just to get it in a more accesible location. Could barely get my hand in there to get it out.

Any other ideas. Looking to polish the water really I suppose.

Thizzelle686
01/25/2008, 01:59 PM
I put a piece of filter floss on top of my live rock ruble in the second chamber. I have also put some in the first.

dileggi
01/25/2008, 02:03 PM
I added my filter floss & purigen bag to the top of the overflow tray in middle chamber. I'm using the Oceanic skimmer in chamber one.

I have live rock & live rock rubble in chamber two, but kept the overflow tray there.

Thizzelle686
01/25/2008, 03:55 PM
I added my filter floss & purigen bag to the top of the overflow tray in middle chamber. I'm using the Oceanic skimmer in chamber one.

I have live rock & live rock rubble in chamber two, but kept the overflow tray there.

How do you like the oceanic skimmer??

MyMonkey
01/25/2008, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the replys. I am curious how folks get chamber two to fill with water? I notice in pics that the chamber is filled with water. Unless I dreamed that up? :)

I am slowly removing the bioballs and hope to find some LR ruble soon. Cound some cheato. Will add that next week.