PDA

View Full Version : what powerhead for my 55gallon cube?

dudleystinks
01/26/2008, 02:45 PM
My old power head i found packed in after a few weeks so im going to get a new power head.

I have been looking at the hydor koralia powerheads and a lot of people seem to use them but they also seem very expensive compared to other power heads out there.

My questions are:

Are they worth the high price tag? If so why?

What do you recommend as an alternative?

What flow rate should i be looking at?

Currently the tank has a green star polyp, some mushrooms and a pyjama cardinal. In the future i plan to get more soft corals hopefully mainly mushrooms and an anemone.

On a side note does anybody know any DIY tutorials on how to make a wave machine

Thanks everyone

xenon
01/26/2008, 02:49 PM
I find it funny that you think the hydor koralia powerheads are expensive. You get what you pay for.

I would get a Vortech, but then again, I dont mind paying for quality.

dudleystinks
01/26/2008, 02:56 PM
i dont mind paying for quality im asking if they are quality before i spend my money on something that does the same job as something cheaper.

Paulairduck
01/26/2008, 03:11 PM
Stay away from vortech until they get the quality control issues under control 400 for a pumps that disintegrates in the tank, not GOOD, Tunze is the best no question ,there customer support is #1. I would think a 6025 nano would be great for that tank, and you can mod them to make a ton of flow.