PDA

View Full Version : Magnificent and One Spot Foxfaces in 180?

vmiller
01/26/2008, 08:02 PM
What are the chances of a Magnificent Foxface and One Spot Foxface getting along together in a 180? Has anyone tried this?

Laddy
01/26/2008, 08:22 PM
No, I have never attempted this, however, I have seen this in tanks before.

Do you own one, and want the other? Or, consolodating tanks?

vmiller
01/26/2008, 08:24 PM
Consolidating tanks

Gwynhidwy
01/26/2008, 08:38 PM
I have seen that combo before in a 200G and have personally had a one spot foxface with an orange spot rabbitfish living happily in a 125G for several years. I don't have that tank anymore, but they got along fine spending most of their time together in fact. They were both introduced at the same time and are not as closely related as the one spot and the magnificent are.

racerw
01/26/2008, 09:11 PM
I have 2 magnificents in a 210 w/no problems. I added them at the same time & 1 is smaller than the other.

cl2ysta1
01/26/2008, 10:44 PM
i dont think foxfaces are agressive like tangs. we've kept a few togehter with no problems with agression

mrwilson
01/29/2009, 12:05 AM
Reviving an old foxface-related thread here. I'm looking for one last fish to add to my 115, and I'm considering a magnificent foxface. However, I already have a one-spot. The one-spot is one of my favorite fish - always out in the open, never gives a new addition a hard time. The "textbook answer" seems to be that foxfaces (or rabbitfish generally) don't tolerate conspecifics (or close relatives) very well, but judging from this thread and some others I've seen, it may be do-able. Also, I don't think I've seen even a single example in which someone has posted anything like, "yes, I tried a one-spot with a magnificent (or two one-spots, etc.), and it was a disaster," etc. However, a 115 is not a 180, either. Opinions?