PDA

View Full Version : Did I burn my ricordea?

paintballer768
01/27/2008, 12:31 PM
Heres the story. My ricordea florida was doing great. I tested my water today, and noticed my calcium was on the low side. So, I added the proper amount of SeaChem Reef Calcium. Heres where I think I messed up...I added it to the tank into the blast of the pump, to get it to dissolve well and fast. The ricordea is undernearth the pump, and I think concentrated calcium could have come in contact with it.

About 2 minutes later (when I noticed), every little bubble and tentacle along the rim of it was deflated and contracted alot. It did not shrivel up. Its been about 10 minutes and it seems to not be as "hard," as in its blowing in the current again. Bubbles, however, are not reinflated. Advice?

kwilson80439
01/27/2008, 04:52 PM
well first off= never add to tank. a;ways mix witg fresh ro/di water and s;owly, hopefullt into sump, if not dilute with like all off your top=off.
Now, yes it is burned. Give it some time an late it work it out- leave it alone and hope for the best

paintballer768
01/27/2008, 05:08 PM
After 3 hours, its reinflated and looking good. Never again will I add calcium all at once that fast.

erbio
01/27/2008, 07:48 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11700957#post11700957 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by paintballer768
After 3 hours, its reinflated and looking good. Never again will I add calcium all at once that fast.

Drip everything......

Reef organisms require stability. Quick changes in basically anything can stress or kill them. (ph, salinity, alkalinity, everything)