PDA

View Full Version : worried about anemone

kimdawg
01/27/2008, 08:19 PM
He was bigger and prettier than he has ever been tonight. The area between his foot and tenicles was about 4 inches around. I was setting at the tank admiring him when he began to smoke. It was a white milky substance that came out of his center. He kept doing it for about 15 minutes. The tank became so cloudy you couldnt see from end to end. It is a 75 gallon tank. I have had him 2 years and never seen him do it before. He is now shriveled up. Will he be ok and should I worry about other things in the tank. I put a filter sock on the overflow pipe that drains into the sump area. Is he dying or just extremely happy???

wrott
01/27/2008, 08:26 PM
Sounds like a male spawning. I would do a huge water change (50%), and run lots of carbon (your skimmer should go crazy).
But the anem should be fine--what kind is it?

kimdawg
01/27/2008, 08:28 PM
It is a rose colored bubble tip. You don't think it will kill any of the coral or the fish do you?

Toddrtrex
01/27/2008, 08:34 PM
There is a slight chance that it could if you didn't do anything. Like wrott said, so a larger WC and run some fresh carbon.

The same thing happened to me about 5 months ago with my GBTA, after a series of water changes and fresh carbon, all was back to normal in a day or two.