PDA

View Full Version : Bleached (or white) BTA little help with ID if ya can.

livingcorals
01/27/2008, 11:21 PM
Was told this is going to be a Green BTA.
After talking with others no i'm told its a white BTA and not bleached.
It does have purple pinhead size tips on the top.

Thank youhttp://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/135811Bleached.jpg

agsansoo
01/27/2008, 11:27 PM
IMO. A very bleached green BTA. How long have you had it ?

Timanator
01/27/2008, 11:34 PM
Yep, looks like a GBTA to me too. That thing needs some TLC.

blessedsol
01/27/2008, 11:35 PM
bleached bta start feeding brineshrimp. my have to force feed be reel carefull doing this. then feed silver sides. ps hope you have pretty good lighting and water. in a few months you could have a pretty bta

livingcorals
01/27/2008, 11:38 PM
I just bought this 3 days ago and was told its a green bta but bleached. I have a total of 288watts and its sitting middle of the aquarium setup. Its been eating very well with silversides, mysis and krill.

When I went back into the store with a picture another rep told me its a white bta...lol
Just I have never heard of them to be white.

garygb
01/28/2008, 12:14 AM
Yeah, bleached is what it is. Amazing what comes out of the mouths of some lfs personnel. If it is eating well and with your lighting, you should be able to get its color back. You didn't mention your water parameters, are they up to par for an anemone?

livingcorals
01/28/2008, 12:23 AM
For the water goes I make my own. Everything is near 100%.
I get a salinity at .023 with winter and being dry in the house atm it can go
to .025 tops. However will be getting a top off soon ;)
But thats the only problem right now with the water.

kimsie
01/28/2008, 10:15 AM
That is so funny! I have the EXACT same thing! Was told it was just white by the LFS - learned here that it can't be and have been trying to save it ever since. It acts totally healthy - except that it's white! It's been eating well though and like yours - has purple dots on the tips and the exact same color base...

kimsie
01/28/2008, 10:16 AM
AND mine is host to my GSM pairs - so it looks exactly like yours! Are you sure you didn't sneak over and take a picture of my tank? LOL

Let's see if we can nurse these back to health together!

livingcorals
01/28/2008, 10:47 AM
Wow... that is funny. I have 2 maroons myself that just got together and are hosting in it.
I also picked up a RBTA and GBTA in my gallery

AquaReeferMan
01/28/2008, 11:04 AM
Dont worry. A lot of anemones are sold bleached. Thats how I acquired my gbta about 1 and a half years ago. Like stated above keep your water quality on par and feed it a couple of times a week. Dont feed it brine shrimp either, that will do nothing for it. Krill or Silversides is the way to go.

blackthunda77
01/30/2008, 08:00 PM
LOL, i have the EXACT same problem too. I posted a while ago trying to figure out what to do. I was told to separate it from the clown that was hosting it since it was small and weak. Heres a link to a post i posted yesterday about another gbta i got, i was just trying to id it since it was labeled as a green tip bubble anemone and i had long stringy tentacles. In the pictures you can see the bleached on in the top corner, but it too is eating very well, everyday by the way, as long as it takes the silversides or krill.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1307226

ginger7286
02/01/2008, 12:33 PM
My RBTA is faded and the tentecles have gone flat it looks pretty bad. I am running PC and just replaced the bulbs in January. Maybe I can join the "nursing club" here. I need all the help I can get. Thanks for exchanging all the info.

kimsie
02/01/2008, 12:43 PM
Livingcorals - you know how I said I had the same one? Well - mine is starting to show neon green in spots! Maybe ours will end up looking like this?!

http://www.melevsreef.com/id/other/neon_bta.jpg

livingcorals
02/01/2008, 01:02 PM
Hell yes!

Looks nice..

Mine just moved down some but still looks full of life

kimsie
02/01/2008, 01:08 PM
Yeah! Well keep me posted - and I'll see if I can get a pic of it displaying some of it's new green! (don't get me wrong - it's very light... but it's there!)

livingcorals
02/01/2008, 02:18 PM
Here is my other GBTA before it went on the underside of the rock.
Notice the the RBTA in front. http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/1358112btas.jpg

Question is I think its splitting but not sure if they will move in a darkplace to
do this? Its been 5days now and I'm getting worked up...
Oh well

kimsie
02/01/2008, 03:05 PM
Wow - it looks great! How long was it in the tank before it went under the tank - this was a newer acquisition, right?

I have heard that they go into dark places to split - can you see it all?

livingcorals
02/01/2008, 04:17 PM
As of now day 6 and under the rock for 5days. But...it does have the look of an 8 so it might be split'n

livingcorals
02/02/2008, 12:04 AM
Here is the picture of it now. Same as the one above that I posted.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/135811GBTAunder.jpg
going on Day 6

:(

I also got zoo plex for an extra pick-me-up in the system.