PDA

View Full Version : FraggleReef Group Order (Thanks to John)

NeveSSL
01/28/2008, 11:25 PM
I really didn't want to do this, I swear. But I really do want a crocea for $29 and John twisted my arm. :D

If anyone wants anything else, let me know. I truly can't believe I'm doing this... our ReefGeek order isn't technically finished... :lol:

As long as its livestock, its game!

Ok, so... who wants a clam that is definitely in? I would like to do this quickly so we don't miss any. I will contact them to see if they're getting any more in. :) I'm also thinking that Chuck's credit will not count toward free shipping, so as far as shipping goes, Chuck is irrelevant. :D

BTW, we need 7 clams for free shipping. I'm in for one. Thats 6 left. I also claim the one little pump they can fit into livestock orders. :D

And, of course, this doesn't just have to be clams. As long as its livestock, we're good to go.

Brandon

gsusfreak
01/29/2008, 12:45 AM
brandon....you keep mentioning livestock....does FR carry drygoods?....i dont see any on the site except for the nano pumps

anywho, what day are you going to send in the order?.....im for sure getting a clam...but i was gonna browse other things too

NeveSSL
01/29/2008, 01:03 AM
Not sure... probably as soon as we hit free shipping to be honest... so maybe have it set for delivery next week.

Brandon

fallinapart
01/29/2008, 07:00 AM
Brandon, thanks again for this work, and yes, I am in for one clam.

Norman

mamagoose45
01/29/2008, 09:41 AM
Brandon, put Brian and I down for:

One (1) Ultra Crocea Clams 3"+ ON SALE -- $29.00
Neon Green Cyphastrea Frags -- $9.99

Shoot one of us a PM when you need the money. When and where is the order coming in so I know to pick it up?

mikemartinez
01/29/2008, 10:12 AM
Put me down for one clam and a nano pump as well....

Ultra Crocea Clams 3"+ ON SALE
$29.00

The Best Nano Pumps, 250gph++, Gate Valve, 3-6w Power Supply
$4.99

Thanks

NeveSSL
01/29/2008, 10:12 AM
Awesome guys and gals... :)

And John, I guess they don't carry dry goods other than the pumps. My bad. :)

I will probably shoot for next Friday, the 8th, but I'm worried that may be too late as far as them running out of clams. What do you guys think?

I fear this Friday may be too soon. I will need to take delivery on Friday as I have no classes on Fridays. :)

Brandon

mamagoose45
01/29/2008, 10:25 AM
If we can meet the amounts for this Friday, I think that would be better as far as our odds of getting all the clams we want... That might be pushing it though.

fallinapart
01/29/2008, 10:33 AM
I agree with Moriah, if we meet our free shipping by this thursday or at least in time to get it shipped this week, then go for it. other wise we will just have to wait.

Norman

NeveSSL
01/29/2008, 10:34 AM
Well, we could possibly do this Friday if everyone is cool with that.

Mike: Can only get one pump and its been claimed. ;) But I've got you down for a clam. :)

We've got 5 clams so far... anyone else?

Brandon

NeveSSL
01/29/2008, 10:37 AM
Ok, cool... this week it is.

So... with that being said... I need orders by Wednesday the 30th at 11PM for ordering on Thursday. :)

Brandon

mamagoose45
01/29/2008, 10:45 AM
Brandon, do you need paypal or when we pick up?

NeveSSL
01/29/2008, 10:57 AM
At pickup is fine. :) PayPal is expensive!

Brandon

SRT80
01/29/2008, 11:12 AM
Y'all should check out clamsdirect dot com. They have some nice ones from $25-$35 And you can actually pick the clam you want. I was checkin bluezooaquatics and when I clicked clams it takes you to that. If you could do a bluezoo and clamsdirect order, I would get in on that as they have emerald crabs. But I think they are 2 different companies...

Steve

ocd_mariner
01/29/2008, 11:14 AM
Id like

PPE Platygyra (http://www.fragglereef.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2130)

red and green favia (http://www.fragglereef.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2966)

Ill pm you my code for credit.

NeveSSL
01/29/2008, 11:15 AM
I really, really thought about suggesting clamsdirect. I just couldn't find shipping info. Plus they're not as cheap. I think the ETRC guys do clamsdirect orders, tho...

Brandon

SRT80
01/29/2008, 11:22 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11714893#post11714893 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SRT80
Y'all should check out clamsdirect dot com. They have some nice ones from $25-$35 And you can actually pick the clam you want. I was checkin bluezooaquatics and when I clicked clams it takes you to that. If you could do a bluezoo and clamsdirect order, I would get in on that as they have emerald crabs. But I think they are 2 different companies...

Steve

It's $49.95 s/h though. I didn't see anything about free shipping. But if you got 10 people that's only $5 extra.

Steve

SRT80
01/29/2008, 11:23 AM
The shipping info is under "Terms and Conditions"

Steve

DMBillies
01/29/2008, 12:11 PM
It doesn't really matter to me one way or the other (it's a difference of maybe $5-10 depending on what clam you get). Being able to see and buy what you like is nice, but I've never seen a crocea that I didn't like... and we really like that cephastrea...

NeveSSL
01/29/2008, 12:39 PM
Good point, Brian. I'm positive we won't get any ugly clams. Maybe not our 1st choice, but definitely not ugly or in bad health. Personally, I'm hoping they open a little when they arrive so I can pick my favorite one! :lol: j/k... I seriously doubt they'll open... but if they do... :D

I think we should probably wait on ClamsDirect for now. I kind of want to take a chance and see what we get... plus its cheaper and the order is already rolling. :) It would be hard to get what everyone wants from ClamsDirect because it sells so quickly.

FraggleReef for now is my vote.

Brandon

fallinapart
01/29/2008, 01:20 PM
yea, some one once said. "don't change horses in mid stream: :)
FraggleReef this time

Norman

SRT80
01/29/2008, 03:08 PM
WERD...

I was just suggesting in case y'all didn't know about the site since the main interest was in clams. I'm out either way...just ain't too sure about a clam yet.

Steve

fallinapart
01/29/2008, 05:11 PM
Steve, thanks for the information, as a matter of fact I did not know about that site (bookmarked now), I just wanted to stay with FraggleReef so we could get the order off this week, with luck.

Thanks again
Norman

gsusfreak
01/29/2008, 07:30 PM
...brandon, just put me down for 1 clam...i decided the mushroom and candycane can wait a little longer

luckyfish
01/29/2008, 07:55 PM
Where do you guys get all this cash? Is the club printing money and giving it out at secret meetings?

gsusfreak
01/29/2008, 08:01 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11719124#post11719124 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by luckyfish
Where do you guys get all this cash? Is the club printing money and giving it out at secret meetings?

duh!!....thats why the meetings are so important!!!.....LOL

just kiddin....but 3 words explain it for me "college refund check".............and then it'll be "income tax return" in a few weeks...LOL

luckyfish
01/29/2008, 08:08 PM
Wait a minute "college refund check"? You mean you can get money back? Heck, I didn't learn me hardly nothing in college I should get a total refund.

NeveSSL
01/29/2008, 09:42 PM
Same here on the refund... I'm tellin' ya... those of you that are in high school... keep your grades up! The Lottery Scholarship is a beautiful thing... especially when it just so happens that your tuition is paid by a different scholarship and you get a check. :D

Brandon

luckyfish
01/29/2008, 09:48 PM
Brandon,
I may be in for a Platygyra colony but ocd_mariner is in line in front of me and the site says they only have 1 in stock. I've got an email into FraggleReef to see if that is accurate. I'll let you know one way or another before your deadline.
Tim

DMBillies
01/29/2008, 10:04 PM
The PA lottery benefits "older Pennsylvanians." Now, as much as I like older folks and think we have plenty to learn from them, I'd much rather save tens of thousands of dollars on the front end of my life when I don't have any money and won't when I'm older if I don't get a good education... in other words, I think Tennessee made a smart move doing this...

:uzi: group order thread...

gsusfreak
01/29/2008, 10:38 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11720080#post11720080 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NeveSSL
Same here on the refund... I'm tellin' ya... those of you that are in high school... keep your grades up! The Lottery Scholarship is a beautiful thing... especially when it just so happens that your tuition is paid by a different scholarship and you get a check. :D

Brandon

and also highschoolers, be sure to apply to any available scholarships....i know plenty of folks who recieve nice checks every semester...mine arent as nice, only around 2 grand...but i have friends that are getting around 5-10 grand back each semester because of pell-grants, TN lottery, minority, and other scholarships......i regret it so much now that i didnt apply for other scholarships....grrr

sandalscout
01/29/2008, 10:42 PM
yeah, but John, is it a REAL "refund" or simply an overage check? I got big money checks every semester, it's just now, they want me to pay it all back! bleh.

ocd_mariner
01/29/2008, 10:48 PM
Looks like they have 3 units of the ppe platy, luckyfish.

NeveSSL
01/29/2008, 10:59 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11720614#post11720614 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sandalscout
yeah, but John, is it a REAL "refund" or simply an overage check? I got big money checks every semester, it's just now, they want me to pay it all back! bleh.

Not loans... scholarships and grants. :)

Although personally I do have loans as well as scholarships and grants, but its all good. :)

Brandon

Mikeyjer
01/30/2008, 12:15 AM
I would like to get a clam as well, but when are you thinking about shipping it in??? I think it's best to ship it early in the morning when everyone is able to meet up and just pick one from the box without waiting for it to open first, then what you get is what you get. I hate to get their later after everyone got their picks first and then not liking what I've got, I'm sure some others think the same. So it's something to think about and to ask for a specific time shipping, I did that when I order from saltwaterfish.....They delivered right on time.....

mikemartinez
01/30/2008, 08:26 AM
I agree with Mike 100%... I think that we should problably meet somewhere on the day of the delivery (Maybe AC) because I can already see someone getting upset about not getting what they feel they paid for..

luckyfish
01/30/2008, 08:33 AM
ocd-mariner,
Thanks; (of course in the interim, I've spotted two more items I want). Those are pretty cool looking coral. I've ordered from Fragglereef before and been very pleased.

mamagoose45
01/30/2008, 09:10 AM
So what if we all are there right when Brandon shows up with the box - how do we decide who gets the "coolest" clam then? Rocks, Paper, Scissors? :)

Somebody is inevitably going to get their panties in a wad because they get a clam they're not in love with, or JimBobJoe took the clam they wanted... This is the nature of the beast when you order sight unseen and everyone is buying the same thing. I think the key thing is that everyone pick up their order as soon as possible so things aren't sitting in the bags longer than necessary.

Can't we all just get along? (Cue cheesy music...) :) :) :) :)

luckyfish
01/30/2008, 10:43 AM
Brandon,
Put me down for:
1 Platygyra colony 29.99
1 Blue Center with Green mouth Blastomussa 9.99

Thanks man
Tim

SRT80
01/30/2008, 11:08 AM
well...I think since Brandon is puttin' up his own money up front and organizing it, when the order comes in he get's his pick of what he wants. That's if you can even tell the color. But, I'm stickin' my nose where it doesn't belong as I'm not even in this order. Just my opinion...

Steve

gsusfreak
01/30/2008, 11:29 AM
i doubt that they'll be an ugly one in the bunch......so if it makes anyone feel better....i'll take the very last one

NeveSSL
01/30/2008, 08:59 PM
No worries, guys... we'll all be getting our moneys worth, even if its not the best of the batch.

I am planning on doing the order tonight if all falls into place. :) Extra! Extra! Get your orders in! :D

Brandon

gsusfreak
01/30/2008, 09:13 PM
sweet....so we'll have it friday?

mikemartinez
01/30/2008, 09:20 PM
Put me down for another one... So that will make it 2

NeveSSL
01/30/2008, 10:55 PM
Hopefully...

I'm still slightly undecided as my truck is messed up... but I'm pretty sure its just my fuel filter. Either that, or the pump... the pump would be extremely uncool.

I should be able to meet everyone on Friday, though. I'll update you if anything changes.

Brandon

mamagoose45
01/30/2008, 11:00 PM
Brandon, if you need any help with picking things up (aka your truck is not functional) let me know. I'm free all day so I could pick it up if needed.

Mikeyjer
01/30/2008, 11:28 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11721773#post11721773 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mamagoose45
So what if we all are there right when Brandon shows up with the box - how do we decide who gets the "coolest" clam then? Rocks, Paper, Scissors? :)

Somebody is inevitably going to get their panties in a wad because they get a clam they're not in love with, or JimBobJoe took the clam they wanted... This is the nature of the beast when you order sight unseen and everyone is buying the same thing. I think the key thing is that everyone pick up their order as soon as possible so things aren't sitting in the bags longer than necessary.

Can't we all just get along? (Cue cheesy music...) :) :) :) :)

Coolest clam would be undecided since they're still in the box. Without seeing them opening up. We have NO idea what each one looks like. No paper rock scissors needed, just each one go pick one out of the box, just grab one, once you grab it, it's yours, no looking or searching. I think that's quite fair. That's just my thought of it. Being in management, I personally know that you can't please everyone, but at least you can be fair about it. To me, it sounds quite fair the way I put it. So afterwards, there should be no whining about it period, if so, tough! :D :D
I still want a Clam though! You did put me down for one right?

NeveSSL
01/30/2008, 11:42 PM
Here's what I have so far:

Clams:

NeveSSL
gsusfreak
fallinapart
mamagoose45
mikemartinez x2
mikeyjer

Other:

luckyfish
1 platygyra colony $29.99
1 blue center with green mouth blastomussa

mamagoose45
Neon Green Cyphastrea $9.99

NeveSSL
Nano Pump $4.99

ocd_mariner
PPE Platygyra
Red and Green Favia

To be honest, I'm not worried about everyone getting there at the same time to pick their clams, etc. Get what you get when you get here. I'll probably grab one out of the box and start acclimating when they arrive. But I do have to admit, if I somehow see a lot of blue... I'm grabbing it! :D

I very seriously doubt I will see anything, though. ;)

Brandon

gsusfreak
01/30/2008, 11:47 PM
thats a pretty good idea mike....it'll be just like we order it individually, a simple honest "random" way of selecting it....but the problem lies from different pickup times....i would hope that my bag would be floatin in his tank until i pickup...and being in the tank will make it visible (honestly, they might now even open up til later on in the day).........and i honestly dont think anyone will be complete disgrunted with their clam....somethings are pretty in one person's eyes maybe the ugliest thing another.....brandon, however you decide to let this work, just make sure that mine is alive ...LOL

NeveSSL
01/30/2008, 11:48 PM
Brian/Moriah:

They be out of the Neon Green Cyphastrea. Or at least its not on their site any more. Sorry!

Brandon

NeveSSL
01/30/2008, 11:50 PM
Will do, John. ;) I'll do my best, anyway.

We can always trade if need be, too... everyone just post a pic here after they get their clams. :)

Brandon

NeveSSL
01/30/2008, 11:58 PM
Ok, everyone. I know its late, but there have been a lot of changes on their website.

The clams are good (they're showing 12), but a lot of the corals are gone. If you all could let me know ASAP if you would like something else, that would be GREAT.

Thanks!

Brandon

mamagoose45
01/31/2008, 12:39 AM
put us down for the

Bright Blue Alien Eye Echinophyllia
$19.99
(farmed frags, LPS)

and our one clam that you already have listed...

Mikeyjer
01/31/2008, 12:42 AM
The only thing I'm worried about is the pickup time. I do have to work all day Friday. That's the reason why I mentioned about the pickup time. IF it's early in the morning, I can swing it and I do mean early since I have to be at work in Franklin at 10am, but I do need some time to acclimate the clam before I head to work. Let me know the pickup time, thanks!

NeveSSL
01/31/2008, 01:01 AM
Gotcha, Moriah.

I doubt it will be that early, Michael. :) I can float it if you'd like. I'll ask them, too.

I'm going to wait until tomorrow to order... and I'll probably call it in to make sure everything can go the way I'm hoping. :)

Brandon

Mikeyjer
01/31/2008, 02:12 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11728763#post11728763 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NeveSSL
Gotcha, Moriah.

I doubt it will be that early, Michael. :) I can float it if you'd like. I'll ask them, too.

I'm going to wait until tomorrow to order... and I'll probably call it in to make sure everything can go the way I'm hoping. :)

Brandon

If I have to pickup later, it will be after 11pm before I get there since I don't get off work until 10pm or so on Friday nights. I just hope it would be ok being in the bag that long......

dzones
01/31/2008, 03:26 AM
just to throw in my 2 cents guys..

I have ordered a few times from Miguel over at fragglereef and he does have some really nice clams. I bought 4 last week of the 19.99 ones and they all looked really nice. they were all about 3" and a week later doing great. All my other coral pieces from him are doing well also.

you will be happy with yours I am sure

Dave

fallinapart
01/31/2008, 06:09 AM
Brandon, if you need transportation to nashville Friday for delivery to AC. and don't trust your truck, call me and I will be your dirver for that trip. Just let me know

Norman

SRT80
01/31/2008, 08:27 AM
hey Brandon, when you do the order if they still have

* Aquacultured Purple with White Polyps Acropora Colony
$29.99
Neon acro colony, 3-4"

I'd like to get this. If they don't have it when you order, no big deal.

Thanks,
Steve

coralreefing
01/31/2008, 08:34 AM
Brandon
If you haven't ordered yet I would like to jump in for.

An FR Exclusive - Farmed Purple Candy Cane Frags
$9.99

Blastomussa - Rare PPE Merletti Frags
$9.99

Sorry to pile on at the last minute. If I'm too late that's cool too.

ocd_mariner
01/31/2008, 09:48 AM
Ill take these two, since the PPE platy is gone.

black hole sun (http://www.fragglereef.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20_22&products_id=2959)

red and green (http://www.fragglereef.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20_22&products_id=2966)

gsusfreak
01/31/2008, 12:02 PM
any updates?

NeveSSL
01/31/2008, 01:30 PM
Ok, guys and gals... good news, bad news.

Bad news: no clams for us.

Good news: he's getting even better ones in next week. :)

Miguel called after I was checking on a pickup time and he told me that one of his skimmers backed up into his clam tank! He said they are NONE too happy and that he couldn't sell them right now and just forgot to take them off of the site...

So... our story shall continue next week. ;)

I'm planning on ordering on next Thursday for delivery next Friday.

So you may not want to pick out any corals or anything until Wednesday or so. ;)

Brandon

waynesworld
01/31/2008, 01:59 PM
That is great news for me as I got my hole saw in Brandon and will be working on that tank. What time can you come over?

SRT80
01/31/2008, 02:30 PM
cool, I might be able to get a few more things as well, that's a pay check tomorrow and next Friday! :lol:

Steve

NeveSSL
01/31/2008, 03:11 PM
I'll give you a call, Wayne.

Everyone save up! :D

Brandon

fallinapart
01/31/2008, 03:19 PM
saving!

Norman

gsusfreak
01/31/2008, 03:29 PM
even better clams next week?.....cool!!!....hopefully he'll get in some deresas

NeveSSL
01/31/2008, 03:43 PM
I think he still meant croceas, but he said they were some really good looking clams.

He may get some more 2" @ $19 again, too. We'll see. :)

Brandon

eyebedam
01/31/2008, 04:18 PM
I was at ebay earlier & sean had a bunch of nice clams in stock!

ocd_mariner
01/31/2008, 05:33 PM
Stop trying to derail people from this order!

I need to use my credit!

:D

NeveSSL
02/01/2008, 12:38 PM
Good news, guys. Miguel PMed me a link to some clams after I asked in the clams forum. :)

Check these out: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1230512

Freakin' awesome!

Brandon

ocd_mariner
02/01/2008, 01:18 PM
The crocea next to the derasa is incredible.

gsusfreak
02/01/2008, 01:24 PM
wow...great clams

NeveSSL
02/01/2008, 02:01 PM
I agree, Chuck. Hope mine is like that! :D Thats probably a $70 clam on eBay or so...

Brandon

rsteagall
02/01/2008, 03:21 PM
I like clams.

http://images.marapets.com/water/clam.gif

eyebedam
02/01/2008, 03:29 PM
thats a fancy clam.

rsteagall
02/01/2008, 03:39 PM
Its a very nice pink coloure`. Ouah!

eyebedam
02/01/2008, 05:20 PM
Those clam are abundant in my waters. Im Old GreGG!!!

Mikeyjer
02/01/2008, 11:54 PM
I'm saving up for it, if I save enough, I'd possibly get two clams..... :)
Brandon, just keep us updated on that situation!!!

gsusfreak
02/04/2008, 05:44 PM
brandon, i see that they updated their site...and now have 2 clams showing....but sold out......any news from miguel?...any chance you can talk to him in holding some for our group buy?

NeveSSL
02/04/2008, 09:53 PM
Yep... there is news. This week is a no go.

Here's what he said when I asked him today:

"Hi Brandon,
We most likely won't be getting in any more clams until next week, I have no idea what the hold up is on those...

Miguel"

Yet another week...

Brandon

Mikeyjer
02/05/2008, 12:50 AM
Another week is just fine by me....More time for me to save up for more...lol.....

NeveSSL
02/11/2008, 10:39 PM
Still no go, guys...

> Any luck this week with the clams, Miguel?
>
> :) Thanks!
>
> Brandon

Hi Brandon,
None, I saw a few today that looked brown and terrible but they'd just come in, I have no idea what's going on with those lately...

Miguel

:(

HowardCath
02/12/2008, 11:42 PM
Brandon, IF you are still open to adding to the order and if it's not too late, I would like:

ULTRA Superman Mushrooms Single Polyps
$9.00

Blue Striped Mushrooms Frags
$9.99

Ultra Crocea Clams 3"+ ON SALE
$29.00

Alien Eye Favites
$9.99

Blue and Green Platygyra Frags
$9.99

Total = $67.97

I can do this another time if the whole thing is getting too big. If not, thanks! Let me know if you need anything upfront or if I could be of any help (night or weekend).
- Howard

NeveSSL
02/12/2008, 11:53 PM
Its not getting too big, but he's having problems with the clams, which is 90% of the reason we're all ordering. :)

Hold on to your order (his availability changes daily) until we get the go ahead from Miguel on the clams. :)

Brandon

HowardCath
02/13/2008, 12:19 AM
Thanks, Brandon. I'll stay tuned.

NeveSSL
02/13/2008, 02:20 PM
Sounds good, Howard.

Brandon

eyebedam
02/13/2008, 02:57 PM
No Clams for You.

coralreefing
02/13/2008, 03:21 PM
Ok eyebegregg, go have some Baileys.

eyebedam
02/18/2008, 04:11 PM
I'll have my baileys in a boot. Umm creamy.

gsusfreak
02/19/2008, 11:20 AM
no clams this week either?

eyebedam
02/19/2008, 12:26 PM
no clams for you. Why don't yall get in touch with sean at ebay to see if he will do a group clam order? I will call him if you'd like me to.

luckyfish
02/19/2008, 12:40 PM
It's what you'll call him the is worrisome.

NeveSSL
02/19/2008, 01:37 PM
Don't think so, John... although I've not heard from Miguel yet... I did email him yesterday, though.

Jason: Because I don't think its fair. :) Its like us asking them to meet online prices. I just don't feel comfortable with it. If he offered, by all means, I'd love to, and truth be told I may STILL buy one from them if they get one in I'd like... they have good prices on their clams without a doubt. Actually, at this point, I'm thinking I'll PROBABLY buy from them... doesn't seem as though Miguel will be getting any more clams in anytime soon.

Brandon

eyebedam
02/19/2008, 01:53 PM
I wouldn't expect him to match there prices but he's likely to sell them at a discount if he has enough people wanting them to justify buying them in bulk.

NeveSSL
02/19/2008, 01:56 PM
Very true.

Well... maybe its worth a shot. First off, how many of you guys would be interested in ordering from EBay, assuming FraggleReef doesn't get any more in this week?

Brandon

mikemartinez
02/19/2008, 02:31 PM
It all depends on what the prices look like..

mamagoose45
02/19/2008, 03:33 PM
I would agree with Mike - depending on price and size, we'd be in for one....

gsusfreak
02/19/2008, 03:37 PM
im with mike....its depends on the price....and the ones fraggle reef has looks amazing

eyebedam
02/19/2008, 03:49 PM
Only reason I even stated that before was it seems like there has been alot of group buys lately & all it does it cut out our LFS. Ebay has been very good as far as taking care of us aas a club goes & Ive bought a few things including my monster octo skimmer from there at either the same price or withen 5.00 more of interenet prices. Esp since he frequents the board really often. If he cant come close then by all means go with fraggle reef but if it comes to pinching pennies & leaving the lfs out to dry or not even give them a shot then thats just not cool. Im sure Ive made plenty of folks mad as usual but its just my 2cents.

HowardCath
02/19/2008, 05:35 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11888362#post11888362 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mamagoose45
I would agree with Mike - depending on price and size, we'd be in for one....

Me, too.

gsusfreak
02/19/2008, 05:51 PM
i feel ya jason...however, i do support the local fish stores (my bank statements will prove it)....there's just somethings you cant get or shouldnt get at the LFS....cleanup crews, lights, specialty animals,etc.......cleanup crew prices are insane at the LFS ( i learned that the hard way when i first setup, heck i even managed to fork over $300 for 20lbs of liverock)....as for lighting, their isnt that many options or accessories (reason for the reefgeek groupbuy, and besides, shouldnt we also support our swap sponsors?)....and for specialty items such as rare livestocks, the LFS seems to double the prices and there's no guaranteeing how many days it'll last, a reason for the fragglereef order....its hard to fork over $60 for an animal thats super sensitive ( thats why everyone is jumping on the $20-30 clam deal)

sorry if jason for the rant....but there's just somethings i wont get at the LFS........but i do agree that everyone here should support the LFS...cause we do have the best around.....all my drygoods, most of my livestock, and some of my corals come from them

also...i do apologize to the club if i put on too many group buys (this is second one, but they'll be more as i upgrade my tanks)

if ebay wants to take care of a clam group buy, im all for it...i'd just rather have it closer to $30 rather than $60

NeveSSL
02/19/2008, 08:46 PM
Guys I am going to step out of this one. If someone (Jason?) would like to head it up, feel more than free. :)

Thanks.

Brandon

eyebedam
02/19/2008, 09:17 PM
I was just throwing it out there. As a suggestion. Personanlly I'm not even getting a order. Its just this thread has been going on for a good while now waiting for Miguel to cherry pic clams from LA X & it doesn't seem like its happening as of yet. I just thought maybe yall could give someone local a shot.

NeveSSL
02/19/2008, 10:21 PM
Thats cool, man. I am just tired of chasing this... I feel like I'm chasing my tail. :D

Maybe when Miguel gets his clams back in... but I'm out of this one. :)

Brandon

gsusfreak
02/19/2008, 10:38 PM
its all good brandon......and euh, ~thanks a lot jason!....LOL....just kidding man....we started this post like a month ago, and its gotten no where

ocd_mariner
03/18/2008, 01:06 PM
Clams are back in stock now. Any interest?

waynesworld
03/18/2008, 02:24 PM
I may have some comming Thursday

ocd_mariner
03/18/2008, 02:28 PM
Pay no attention to wayne as he does not accept fraggle reef credit vouchers.

eyebedam
03/18/2008, 04:27 PM
Id like 1 Wayne.

HowardCath
03/18/2008, 05:34 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12120921#post12120921 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ocd_mariner
Clams are back in stock now. Any interest?

Yes. I'd be interested, too.