PDA

View Full Version : What is this?

tcfls2
01/28/2008, 11:58 PM
I attached a video of my clownfish that I have had for about a week. It looks like ich, but there are only about 4 spots all around the same place and it is not spreading one of them is just getting bigger. I have a 75 gallon aquarium with a 20 gallon sump and protein skimmer. It has been setup for about 4 months before I put these fish in there. The parameters are ammonia 0, nitrite 0, and nitrate about 5ppm. I feed them flakes with garlic and brine shrimp. He eats very well and is active and even picks on the other clownfish. Any help with this would be appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jCM0O3mnkY

Aquarist007
01/29/2008, 12:02 AM
sorry I can't see anything from the video--can you take a close up pic of the clownfish?

Deb91
01/29/2008, 12:09 AM
I can't see anything eighter and I replayed it 6 times,sorry!

Latimer
01/29/2008, 12:09 AM
do you have an anemone? what else is in the tank with them?

tmz
01/29/2008, 12:11 AM
No clue from the picture. However, more than two clownfish in a tank unless quite large will lead to some serious aggression at some point.

tcfls2
01/29/2008, 08:26 AM
Sorry about the bad video. I tried taking about 20 pictures of him, but my camera is horrible. I will try to get a better one. When he is facing you on the left side by his gill there is a big white growth. There are about three other white dots by it, but it isn't spreading or causing him to slow down. The only thing in the 75 gallon tank is about 75-80lbs of live rock and two clownfish. I don't have any other fish, coral or anemones, so I didn't think it would be to bad. Thanks for the quick answers.

Aquarist007
01/29/2008, 08:32 AM
I would setup up a quarantine tank asap and place him in there for observation or at least until you can give a good picture.
I suspect ich--the best way to treat that is with hyposalination---you bring down the salt level under .012---you don't want to do that in the main tank because it will affect the inverts