PDA

View Full Version : tang got air bubble in eye

DM99
01/29/2008, 07:18 PM
i have a Vladmigi tang for over a year eat like a pick and sh-- like one too. I went on vacation and when i got back his eyes got air bubbles in it. what should i do?

thank for your help in advance

DM

TealCobra
01/30/2008, 08:58 AM
Sounds like a case of Pop-Eye. The fish likely scratched his eye. Are the eyes cloudy at all? That would indicate infection. If there is no infection then quality water pars should be all that is required and the eye should go back to normal. However, if there is an eye infection you will need to treat with some anti-biotics. A picture would be most helpful. If both eyes are popped out that would also likely indicate infection.

DM99
01/30/2008, 07:24 PM
only one eye and it seem to be filling up with bubble. eye is clear not cloudy at all. the other eye is perfect. eat like a pig also. hard to take pic because he is always on the move.

thanks for your help.

TealCobra
01/30/2008, 09:01 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11726080#post11726080 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DM99
only one eye and it seem to be filling up with bubble. eye is clear not cloudy at all. the other eye is perfect. eat like a pig also. hard to take pic because he is always on the move.

thanks for your help.

If that is the case then you are probably okay. Keep an eye on it (HA-HA) and see if it gets any worse. If not, it will likely clear up on its own. If things worsen, then you will likely need to treat with meds. There is a good chance this will pass.