PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Fast!!!!!!!!

myerst2
01/29/2008, 09:17 PM
I know this is a double post but want help asap Hey guys need help fast. I have powerheads lodged behind my liverock and noticed my mappa puffer was blown up!!! He got his eye sucked into the intake!!!!!! ****ed and worried. You can see the red ring around his eye and his eye looks a bit cloudy and some hemmorage around it, but otherwise is swimming around the tank as if nothing happened, except for the evil look he's giving me. The hemmorage is gone now. There seemed to be a bit of excretion coming from his body as he deflated, should I do a carbon change? What should I do for the Mappa, besides turn those damn powerheads off? Please give me any suggestions!!! Don't want to lose this guy or have him suffer any more that he has. Of course I'm having problems uploading the photos. But his one eye is definately swollen. Thanks. Regards, Tim

pimpinitup6969
01/29/2008, 09:24 PM
one of my buddies actually had the same problem with a maxi 1200.... he really didnt have to do much after a couple weeks the puffer was looking much better
matt

myerst2
01/29/2008, 09:37 PM
Well the swelling has gone down already and is acting fine and eating like nothing happened. My only concern he's secreting a slim off of his body and worried about toxins. I just added a bag of high quality carbon which I generally don't run in my tank for reasons that aren't important right now. Any suggestions on how I should proceed. Looks like Tunzes or Koralias are in my near future. Thanks, Tim

pebe
01/30/2008, 09:26 AM
pm sent. pete

myerst2
01/30/2008, 07:11 PM
Thank you all for your concern and suggestions!!!!!!! The puffer has no visible signs of the injury or any change in his behavior whatsoever. Thanks again.