PDA

View Full Version : In the Seattle area for a couple days

MorandiWine
01/31/2008, 11:06 AM
Hello All,

My wife and I are in the Seattle area for a couple days. While she is away at her conference I wanted to check out some local stores. Any suggestions??

tyler

stubbsz
01/31/2008, 12:07 PM
wow, I can see why you cross-posted it to the RC-BAR forum. It's a little quiet in here :)

MorandiWine
01/31/2008, 04:09 PM
no kidding

how are things?

Tyler

stubbsz
01/31/2008, 05:46 PM
Doing well. Tomini Tang is ruling the roost. Green Monti is still bright and growing faster than anything else in the tank. Sunset-ish monti didn't like my tank (r.i.p). Tank in general is a much better place.

More exciting is that I'll have 25 solar panels on the house in about two weeks.... but I might have to wait months depending on how much stuff PG&E have to do.

Cool two posts on the PSAS forum and I'm off topic.

arc eye
02/04/2008, 10:17 PM
the seattle gang hangs out on reeffrontiers.com................seriously all of them! Took me about a year before I figured this out and it has shifted my reefing obession into hyper drive with all the local bartering and info.

stubbsz
02/05/2008, 10:52 AM
Good to know if I move north

MorandiWine
02/05/2008, 12:15 PM
Already back in the bay area. aside from one store I was kinda let down. Oh well, maybe next time I'll be armed with better stores to visit.

Bricky
03/04/2008, 03:34 PM
So which store did you visit? I'll let you know if you hit the target or were way off.

MorandiWine
03/04/2008, 03:39 PM
Saltwater City was I think the best store in the area.

Tried making it out to Barrier Reef and could not find it.

Hit up two other stores a little bit down the road, cant remember the name but one of them was in a pretty built-up area with alot of newer chain type stores (Home Depot, etc). That store made me really upset with the way that everything was in the store, depressing to the extreme.

tyler

Bricky
03/04/2008, 04:39 PM
Well, I hate to say it but Barrier Reef is the jewell of the area. The others are like you said, 'depressing'.

Barrier can be hard to find the first time, but once you do, your hooked. Great staff and better livestock. That's if you get there before it's left the door.