PDA

View Full Version : Should I or shouldn't I do this to my fuge??? HELP!!

jmarzullo
01/31/2008, 12:37 PM
Several weeks ago, I removed the rock rubble from my fuge because I felt like it was not allowing good flow to the sand bed, (they were evenly spread across the surface), and causing a buildup of detritus and some small cyano patches. I have tons of LR in the tank so I didn't think it would matter. I have since been dealing with a BAD hair problem in the main tank, (nothing in the fuge). I added back the rock to the fuge, am doing LARGE weekly changes, dosing kalk heavily, and added a canister with carbon but it's been all uphill. HERE'S MY Q: I am fighting the temptation of stirring up the sand bed in the fuge and really cleaning it out. I have the voice in my head saying, "that's what got you in trouble in the first place". Any takers??? All advice welcome. BTW, tank has been up for 1.5 years and never had any issues...

fishysteve
01/31/2008, 01:51 PM
I wouldn't disturb the sand bed.

jmarzullo
01/31/2008, 01:55 PM
Thanks Steve. I know that's the way to go. Nice Jack!! I have one. They're nuts...

fishysteve
01/31/2008, 02:02 PM
It is actually an American Bulldog. She was only a few months old in the picture. But she is still pretty crazy.

jmarzullo
01/31/2008, 02:07 PM
yeah, I wasn't quite sure from the pic so i took a chance. what are your guitar interests?