PDA

View Full Version : Ozone safe air stones..

Charlie Davidson
02/01/2008, 10:20 AM
Do you sell them.. ( perfer-very fine)

jasonfrey
02/01/2008, 12:41 PM
Hi Charlie,

Don't think i've had that question before. The only airstone we have instock is a bigger one from Won
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=WON-14512&Category_Code=

It's pretty heavy duty, i'm sure it would ozone safe though since it's such a thick plastic and ceramic. It's not real fine though. We use them in our fish holding system and bubbles are pretty good size, but not huge.

The other option would be a wood air skimmer stone
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PM-3X75&Category_Code=Flexible

WOod wouldn't be effected by ozone, so that one would give you super fine bubbles like your skimmer.

Charlie Davidson
02/01/2008, 12:55 PM
I use the wooden ones from you, but have been afraid to run OZ thru them.. I figgured the oz would eat them up!! since, it eats organics! Hmmmmmm...

jasonfrey
02/01/2008, 01:06 PM
Good question. Didn't think about it being organic. Usually just think of ozone making everything hard and cracking/melting.

Are you making a homemade ozone reactor to break up some residual ozone?

Charlie Davidson
02/01/2008, 01:17 PM
I modded and old skimmer, I am feeding it with a sedra n/w from you. but when i use N/w to pull air thru rdsea OZ unit, the bubbles drop drastically because of air flow loss.. So I ordered some limewood airstones.. put them in... :D Added bubbles work great, In fact I am surprized many more people don't use very fine airstones in skimmers ANYWAY--- I want to push air with airpump- thru OZ unit -into an airstone in skimmer.
I have seen them at aquatic-ecosystems.. Was just hoping to get them from you.. Since I use you 99.9%

jasonfrey
02/01/2008, 01:36 PM
Sounds like it would work, i haven't worked too much with Ozone other then injecting into a skimmer that had a port on it.

That is true on the air stones, they do make some great bubbles. I've had some really good working air skimmers years ago.