PDA

View Full Version : Current USA Out Orbit 24 question

tworoads
02/01/2008, 09:22 AM
I am thinking about upgrading the lighting on my Red Sea Max 34g nanocube. the light i am interested in is the topic title.

the biggest worry i have is about light leakage. i worry about being blinded by the light if i am across the room on my couch watching TV?

anyone have exp with this?

thanks

trex7
02/01/2008, 11:55 AM
I have a Outer orbit over my standard 10 gallon about 10-12 feet from me on my couch as I type this. My tank sits on my counter which splits my kitchen from the dining room in my condo. The light is about 6 feet off the ground so while sitting on the couch, at that angle I can see the 10k bulb. No its not blinding but I do notice it. It is not blinding by any means and I quickly became used to it. Here I'll take a pic.
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii253/Trex7/Outerorbit002.jpg
Hope that helps!

hebygb
02/01/2008, 01:16 PM
Maybe not with that size, however I have the 384w Outer Orbit with 4 - 96w bulbs sitting over my refugium and it lights up the entire livingroom. Way too much light hits the walls, floor etc. This used to be on my display and now I have switched to the Current OO dual MH setup... much nicer, better light. Light is better focused into the tank than all around it.