PDA

View Full Version : How come there is no par info for hamilton 20K bulbs?

jakano
02/02/2008, 10:16 AM
Right now I use 2 250W XM 10K bulbs with 2 110w actinic vho's. This combo gives me a really bright white look with a ton of par. I usually switch things up every time I need new bulbs so this year I want to reverse the setup, I want to go with 20K halides and 50/50 vho bulbs. I will lose a lot of par this way but my colors in my tank need a boost so its worth it. The 50/50 vho bulbs should add a little par back so it shouldn't be to bad and the colors should be fantastic. I also need to slow some growth on most of my corals any way.

I have used XM 20k bulbs in the past and know they look good and according to Sanjay they have the highest par for a blue bulb. But there is no info I can find for the Hamilton 20k bulb. Sanjay didn't have the 20k bulbs on his website. He has the 14k bulbs but the par for those things are awful, I don't want to lose that much par. Any body know if the Hamilton bulbs have more or less par than the XM bulbs?

Also how much par does a 110w 50/50 bulb have? I know it's not a ton but it should help my par a little bit and the bright white color should be a nice supplement to the super blue halides. I am hoping they will balance out very nicely. I cant wait to get them in. Hellolights here I come>