PDA

View Full Version : mods for ASM G1X????????

Txcowboy22
02/02/2008, 11:59 AM
I am just wondering what mods people do for these skimmers. any help would be great..

hypernesia
02/02/2008, 01:06 PM
This is from the ASM site: www.asmskimmer.com/modifications.htm
Hope that helps. The mods are pretty easy to do!

Txcowboy22
02/02/2008, 03:16 PM
which mod should I do?

hypernesia
02/04/2008, 08:57 AM
IMO the recirc mod is the most beneficial-- extra dwell time in the chamber. The gate valve mod is up to you, some say they can't do without it because it allows precise control of the exhaust water. I personally did not do this mod. I can control my skimmate pretty well by only adjusting the riser tube that is standard with the skimmer

Txcowboy22
02/04/2008, 03:04 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11759907#post11759907 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hypernesia
IMO the recirc mod is the most beneficial-- extra dwell time in the chamber. The gate valve mod is up to you, some say they can't do without it because it allows precise control of the exhaust water. I personally did not do this mod. I can control my skimmate pretty well by only adjusting the riser tube that is standard with the skimmer

What about the mesh wheel mod? Also, how hard is the recirc mod to do...

hypernesia
02/04/2008, 04:27 PM
I never did the mesh wheel mod- that one is also a personal preference IMO. I haven't had any problems with the Sedra needle wheel. The mod is pretty easy, I followed the directions on their site. The only difference is that I did not plum a drain line into the skimmer as they showed, I just added a second pump.