PDA

View Full Version : My tank looks so cloudy my water just won't clear up!

lYlaximus
02/02/2008, 02:24 PM
I'm fairly new to Salt Water Nanos but I've been getting the help of my good friend who's been doing it for years, who has a 240 wall mounted tank at home and works at a fish store. Yet for some reason unknown to both of us my dam tank will not get crystal clear!. It always looks like theres a cloud inside. a haze or something and my friend isn't sure why its happening.

Can anyone throw out some ideas?

Right now all i have in my tank is
2 Peppermint Shrimp
1 Baby Hermit Crab
1 Emerald Crab
3 Mararita Snails
1 Condy Anemone
1 Purple Condy Anemone
and my Favorite of the 3
1 Haitian Reef Anemone

I recently was sold 2 Clown Fish with Ich and had to take them back and now have to wait a couple weeks for the parasite to die off in my tank.
thinking about getting a cleaner shrimp to help that out as well.

So any ideas for my lack of clear water?

Thanks!
-max

jonbry123
02/02/2008, 02:39 PM
Max, How long has the tank been running? What type of filter are U using and did you fill w/RO/DI water?

Scott

jonbry123
02/02/2008, 02:41 PM
Max, How long has the tank been running? What type of filter are U using and did you fill w/RO/DI water? Also what brand of salt are you using?

Scott

kau_cinta_ku
02/02/2008, 02:50 PM
what type of lights you running? what are your water parameters?

Lonesomme
02/02/2008, 02:55 PM
Are you running carbon in your aquarium. I recently set up a new aquarium and it was very cloudy looking so I put some carbon in the sump and overnight it became crystal clear.

Dubbin1
02/02/2008, 03:05 PM
3 different anemones in one 10g tank? I would stop taking advice from your fish store buddy...

lYlaximus
02/02/2008, 04:13 PM
Oh no you've made the fish man angry.

Bmgrocks
02/02/2008, 04:16 PM
Max I would advise that you keep up on WaterChanges, considering that it is a 10 gallon tank, and it is what appears to be floating sediment, I would do 5g WC's maybe twice weekly to remove whatever is floating.

Others would also reccomend filter floss, to polish the water, or trap any floating debris

Equipment List
96w Coralife Powerquad
Custom Built overflow to hide intakes and powerheads with AC 70 Modded Fuge
15lbs LS
15lbs LR
weekly 2 gallon waterchanges with RO/DI

NO2 0ppm
NO3 0ppm
PO4 0ppm
pH 8.2
SG .024
Alk 11
Ca 420

Intresting enough its a Species Only Tank but considering I don't know anything, why don't you take it from here Dubbin1
With weekly WC's and a stable enviroment, anemone's can be kept in 10g tanks. If the appropriate conditions are met.

How many anemones you have in ur 37g?