PDA

View Full Version : Finally brought my new tank home

tsr770
02/02/2008, 05:46 PM
After a month of waiting for it to be built I got to bring it home today and the giddyness is pretty bad... lol

It was built by Great Lakes Aquariums, just north of Detroit, MI.

Dimensions are 36 long x 30 wide x 21 tall, they sell it as a 95 X-Wide.

Hopefully I will find time to start a build thread for it in the real near future!

Anyway pics.. since the post is worthless without them..... Diet Coke 20 oz in there for scale....

http://www.gcsrts.com/srts-admin/pictures/tank1.jpg
http://www.gcsrts.com/srts-admin/pictures/tank2.jpg
http://www.gcsrts.com/srts-admin/pictures/tank3.jpg

So do ya like it? :D

rbursek
02/02/2008, 06:05 PM
I know this was your dream!!!!!!!! In 6 months you would WISHED you went bigger!!!!!!LOL been there not have done it yet, wished I did a 180, 6ft wide!!!!!! Not to burst a bubble!!!!!!!!
Good luck, be paitent!!!!!No Damsels, you will be sorry, Chromies to start if that is in your plan and watch out for a Clown, trying to get one out!!!!!
Bob

wildjoe
02/02/2008, 06:32 PM
Great size tank! I'm in the process of setting up an Oceanic 58g RR which is the same dimension except half the depth. I think tanks with more depth than heighth give you a lot of room to make a realistic rockscape-there is a link to an extremely large tank-oregonreef-that really shows what you can do with a lot of depth. Those pictures even with the coke bottle are deceiving, doesen't look as big as it actually is. I can't wait to see how this one turns out. My stand is currently being built and I'm going on about 6 months so I can't wait to get going.

wildjoe
02/02/2008, 06:40 PM
Great size tank! I'm in the process of setting up an Oceanic 58g RR which is the same dimension except half the depth. I think tanks with more depth than heighth give you a lot of room to make a realistic rockscape-there is a link to an extremely large tank-oregonreef-that really shows what you can do with a lot of depth. Those pictures even with the coke bottle are deceiving, doesen't look as big as it actually is. I can't wait to see how this one turns out. My stand is currently being built and I'm going on about 6 months so I can't wait to get going.

purplereef
02/02/2008, 08:12 PM
Very Cool tank. What is Great Lakes Aquariums web-site?

tabman2
02/02/2008, 08:17 PM
Very cool, love the width. Will stay up to date on your progress :D

jackfrost
02/02/2008, 08:50 PM
You're going to be sorry about those dimensions.

120 G would have been cheaper and better.

:D

rottbo
02/02/2008, 09:23 PM
FLAME ON IT SOUNDS LIKE!!!!!!!!!! I love that tank its gonna be a cool lil-big tank... Did you come up with the dimensions or was it one of their stock sizes.. and when did getting your dream tank become a bad thing why r you guys flaming the tank is nice better than a AGA 2.5 gallon isnt it I guess thats oppinion though... what kind of reef is this gonna be I could see an acro forest in it

purplereef
02/02/2008, 09:56 PM
Is that the extra clear glass?

tsr770
02/02/2008, 10:03 PM
LOL.... not a dream tank, just making the best use out of 5 feet of wall that I have to work with and the constraints put on by the wife....
The only other tank I would have bought was the same footprint but 6 inches taller, and well a 27 inch tall tank with 30" to the back of it would of been a pain to get to the back wall for cleaning. I have a empty 6 foot 110 sitting in my basement that I would have loved to use, but like I said no room for it in the space I have, I may just make the 110 my sump/frag tank before its all said and done.

Lighting I have for it is 4 TEKII retros, just t5's for it. I am planning a mostly mixed LPS/SPS tank.. I like colored sticks, but the big meaty polyps keep calling me back... I am pretty sure I am going to have a banana shaped peninsula of rock from the back left corner towards the front right.

NanoGurl
02/02/2008, 10:04 PM
Love the tank I think it's a great size! :thumbsup:

tsr770
02/02/2008, 10:05 PM
No I didnt get the low iron glass, I would have but I don't plan on keeping the tank long enough to justify the extra money right now