PDA

View Full Version : Advice on my boss's tank

Scoobaman17
02/03/2008, 01:42 AM
Ok my boss now has in a 75 gallon tank full of T-5 units: corals including a brain, maroon clown, firefish, royal gramma, 2 cleaner shrimp and an Aarrow crab.

I told him NOT TO GET maroon and arrow crab for a docile reef tank and he did not listen. Is the above list ok?

Should I remove the arrow? or not.

Some friendly advise?
Thanks.

kau_cinta_ku
02/03/2008, 01:48 AM
i think with the fish he has in the tank that everything should be fine together.

ArapaimaGiga
02/03/2008, 01:48 AM
its up to you... arrow crabs help a lot with eatin worms and such... but when they get big and they do, thats when they become a problem... and i would suggest you get the maroon clown out, cause once it's been in the tank for awhile... it gets really aggresive and may even knock over new corals...

Scoobaman17
02/03/2008, 02:15 AM
I love maroons for fish only. Not for a reef. He's attached to the maroon so I told him when the time comes and it will, it's either everything but the maroon go or the maroon goes.

I'll remover the arrow when it gets bigger. Thanks though.

atrain5851
02/03/2008, 04:52 AM
I have heard the same about arrow crabs when they get bigger they become more of a problem... maroons i am not so sure on but i do know that they can get aggresive.

Dubbin1
02/03/2008, 08:15 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11752239#post11752239 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Scoobaman17
I love maroons for fish only. Not for a reef. He's attached to the maroon so I told him when the time comes and it will, it's either everything but the maroon go or the maroon goes.

There is no need to ever get rid of the maroon clown. They are not as mean as you think they are and will get along just fine with most tank mates.

Aquarist007
02/03/2008, 08:43 AM
I have had no problems with the maroon clown either
As far as the arrow crab goes-----has you boss given you a raise yet?? LOL

Scoobaman17
02/03/2008, 10:22 PM
Yes. On the maroon I had one turn evil. I only prefer an ocellarus (SP)? clown. Thanks for the advice!

Macimage
02/03/2008, 10:31 PM
I'd wait and see how the maroon does. If it is not bothering or harass the other fish, then you can eave it there. I have one in my 225 reef and it goes from host to host. She doesn't attack or bother the other fish unless they get too close it it's current home and then she chases them away from it, but only 6" or so.

Joyce