PDA

View Full Version : Current USA Nova Extreme or Sundial t5?

c0mp|ex
02/03/2008, 03:55 PM
i have a 29 gallon tank, 30 inches in length. i am looking for new lighting on my tank (right now im just running a single NO t12 (no fish just curing rock.) i plan on stater out with FOWLR but i would like lighting that would be able to support corals when i feel ready to take the next step. My problem is most fixtures come in a 24" or 36" in length. right now i am looking at t5 setups, i am on a budget. i was looking at the 24" and 36" nova extreme (not pro) or the 30" sundial.
which light would be best in my situation, and is there any other fixtures out there that i should take a look at? im looking for something fully assembled fixtures. thanks in advance

siwelk
02/03/2008, 04:22 PM
if you want to start out FOWLR, and move up to some softies and LPS later on, the sundial would probalby fit the bill. it comes in the length you want (30"), its reasonably priced, and it has decent reflectors. i have the nova extreme pro and its a very good fixture for the price. it utilizes the same components ast he sundial, but the sundial has built-in timers and lunar lights. if you want a complete fixture, with good light output, at a decent price the sundial looks like your best option.

HTH

ledford1
02/03/2008, 05:25 PM
Why have you excluded the Nova Extreme Pro?

c0mp|ex
02/03/2008, 06:32 PM
out of my budget, and i think it would be more than i would need with my tank(29g).

c0mp|ex
02/04/2008, 01:37 AM
any 1 have any ideas or other fixtures i should look at?