PDA

View Full Version : Calcium Monitor Setup 'Err'

shaginwagon13
02/04/2008, 09:41 AM
Hey guys,
I am just getting everything ready as my tank comes to the last stages of its cycle so last night I tried to calibrate all my monitors and when it came time for the Calcium Monitor i couldnt get it to callibrate properly. The monitor is brand new and its made by Pinpoint and i can't get it past the 4'th step in the Calibration process which is.....

4) Put the probe tip into the 100 Ca+ Calibration Fluid. Wait until the number 100 begins to flash on the display on a regular basis (4–5 steady flashes or longer is advised). This may take a minute or two. Then press the Enter button to register the 100ppm Ca+ calibration. The LCD should display the word "good."

When I'm setting it up the '100' will flash like it says in he instructions but no matter how long i wait with the probe in the 100ppm solution when i press the 'enter' button to set he calibration it always says 'ERR' which im guessing means error. Is the monitor defective or could it be something that I am doing incorrectly. Also the battery is brand new so im completly confused as to whats wrong :rolleye1:

Here is a copy of the instrustions....Im following them exactly as it says and I cant get past the 4'th step in the 'Calibraton and Measurment'

http://www.americanmarineusa.com/camonitor.html

Thanks!

Randy Holmes-Farley
02/04/2008, 09:55 AM
I'd suggest asking Lou Dell from American Marine/Pinpoint to go over the concern with you. He is usually very helpful.

I review the probe here, but you will not likely see a solution to your problem in the article:

Electronic Calcium Monitoring
http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-04/rhf/index.htm

shaginwagon13
02/04/2008, 10:08 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11760205#post11760205 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Randy Holmes-Farley
I'd suggest asking Lou Dell from American Marine/Pinpoint to go over the concern with you. He is usually very helpful.[/url]

Would you happen to have his e-mail or phone number?

Thanks!!

Randy Holmes-Farley
02/04/2008, 11:39 AM
Sure, it is on their web site:

http://www.americanmarineusa.com/company.html

You can tell him I sent you. :D

reneeccrn
02/17/2008, 12:20 PM
I found that if my solution is too chilly, it shows error. I floated my solution in the tank, then calibrated. It worked. It just seems logical to calibrate at the same temp as the water you need to test. Warm up the calibration solution put the probe in PAST the little white dot on the probe, and walk away. Sometimes it takes 7 minutes to have it think about it.

Randy Holmes-Farley
02/17/2008, 12:59 PM
Good to know!

shaginwagon13: did you ever resolve your issue?

shaginwagon13
02/17/2008, 07:55 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11870248#post11870248 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Randy Holmes-Farley
Good to know!

shaginwagon13: did you ever resolve your issue?

I tested the calcium today and it was low at around 300 but I did it with a test kit. Tomorrow I'm going to try to get the calibration fluids the same temp as the water and then try it again. Ill leave the probe in the solution for 7-10 min like it was suggested and hopefully it will calibrate properly. Ill let you guys know tomorrow if it works or not.

Thanks for the help!!!