PDA

View Full Version : Typhoon III 75GPH unit

beef3333
02/06/2008, 08:46 PM
Just go everything hooked up and running. This is a great unit and a great store. If you need an RODI Air,Water,& Ice is a great place to work with. Thanks a lot.

02/19/2008, 07:50 AM
No problem! I hope you love our product.

MarkHammel
03/14/2008, 07:12 PM
This is the model I have and I love it. Can't say much else because it's my first RO/DI unit. However, I can say it was extremely easy to hook up!!!

fishoutawater
03/27/2008, 08:51 PM
bought a typhoon III about a month ago, very easy to hook up. Tap water tds is 750-800, rodi output is 0, very happy. Only problem is that there is a small leak at the unions between 2 of the 4 bottom cannisters. So far my solution has been to shut off water inlet valve between uses. Is this an easy fix?

03/28/2008, 10:08 AM
Hello,

The leak is usually fixed by one of two ways. The first is to unscrew the housings and remove the fliters from the fitting that connects the mtogether. Once that is done, simply add about 2-5 wraps of Teflon tape around the fitting and assemble the parts back together.

The other way is that we will ship out a new upper rail for your unit for free (Under our Limited* Lifetime parts warranty - please read here: http://theh2oguru.zoovy.com/category/warranty/ )

Regards,
Air, Water & Ice staff

fishoutawater
03/28/2008, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the quick response, it doesn't sound like anything I won't be able to do myself.

nutcase
04/04/2008, 07:52 AM
Hooked mine up yesterday. Tap tds was 76 output is ZERO. I am filling a 150 and it is moving right along.

It seems to be putting out more than the rated 75GPD. is that odd?

as it stand my tank should crest and start overflowing & filling the sump tonight around 7pm central, which will be about 16 hrs after startup, seems fast but i am monitoring it every 2-3 hrs and the tsd level is still zero.

Anyway great product, i you need one get it from them, period

bqwert
04/05/2008, 09:34 AM
lucky You toi have tap water only 76 !!!! Mine is around 350 :( after RO (membrane) it goes to around 35, and after DI it goes to 3... Used to be 0, but only for about 2 months since I started using it... Not sure why it went so quick to 3? Was hoping it will be 0 for a longer time.. oh well.. will wait a little bit longer with buying new DI filling since 3 is not as bad.. Used to use water from local store which was only RO and after I tested it it was around 30 and my tank was doing just fine..

ps. I have a nano tanks so I might use my RO/DI once a week - not more than 10 gallon a week to make.. so it went pretty quick from 0 to 3..

besides, it is great unit.

wolfofstone
04/17/2008, 01:52 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12260324#post12260324 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bqwert
lucky You toi have tap water only 76 !!!! Mine is around 350 :( after RO (membrane) it goes to around 35, and after DI it goes to 3... Used to be 0, but only for about 2 months since I started using it... Not sure why it went so quick to 3? Was hoping it will be 0 for a longer time.. oh well.. will wait a little bit longer with buying new DI filling since 3 is not as bad.. Used to use water from local store which was only RO and after I tested it it was around 30 and my tank was doing just fine..

ps. I have a nano tanks so I might use my RO/DI once a week - not more than 10 gallon a week to make.. so it went pretty quick from 0 to 3..

besides, it is great unit.

Is your drain tube pluged or restricted? 30 sounds high after the membrane. check to see if your filters are on correctly. i bought the T 3 150 and the thing is crazy i have 120tds going in and 0 tds 98% of the time coming out of the ro. contact dan, that doesnt sound right.

bqwert
04/17/2008, 07:19 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12348558#post12348558 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by wolfofstone
Is your drain tube pluged or restricted? 30 sounds high after the membrane. check to see if your filters are on correctly. i bought the T 3 150 and the thing is crazy i have 120tds going in and 0 tds 98% of the time coming out of the ro. contact dan, that doesnt sound right.

not sure what do U mean by restricted or pluged?

but the numbers would be correct in my case if I go with the manuals they sent me.. they stated that if my tap water is for ex. 350 ppm TDS (which is)... I should get after membrane 3% - 7% of tap water TDS.. which is around 30 ppm TDS (after membrane, and thats my RO water - still better than RO water from grocery store, which was higher in my town)... now they says that after DI my water TDS should be close to 0 ppm ( which was for about a month, I was producing maybe 20 gallons only, that all I need...) Now after less than 4 months it is always 3 ppm after DI. everything was connected correctly with the instruction. Every time before I use the system, I do membrane flush . They stated that you need to replace the DI when the system TDS reaches 15 ppm, which I am now still at 3 ppm... My tap water ppm is not as great as Yours guys. 350 ppm to 120 ppm is a pretty big difference.. but I was hoping that DI filter would keep it much longer around 0 ppm, but it wasn't. 1 MONTH only with 0 ppm which I think is way to short.. Kinda disappointed about it.. oh well.

04/17/2008, 08:53 AM
With 350 TDS going into the unit, the RO should be able to reduce the TDS down to between 10 (3%) and 25 (7%) ppm. 30 ppm TDS is a little on the high side after the RO.

The DI should have been able to produce between 272 and 680 gallons of zero TDS water before exhausting.

How long did you flush the membrane for before making RODI water? Did you make sure you flushed for 1 minute per day of inactivity?

bqwert
04/17/2008, 01:20 PM
usually I make a 22 Gallon bucket of RO/DI water a week... let say every sunday... before I start I flush membrane for about 5-10 minutes... I test water out of the 22 G bucket as well as straight from the DI in clean glass, so I make sure it is clean, and in both cases it is 3 ppm.. I use HANA TDS meter.. I DO NOT flush membrane ever single day! if I do not use the unit, I stop water from coming to the system, as well as from getting out of the system.. so all the filters, membrane are in water/wet....

04/17/2008, 02:07 PM
It's okay to not flush the unit every day. The TDS is 3 from the DI nontheless. It might be that your water contains a nexcessive amount of nitrates or phosphates. IF this is the case, the membrane can reject only so much of them. The DI mops up the rest, but if the membrane is still allowing a lot through; the DI will work harder and exhaust faster.

As long as you flush for a few minutes before making RODI water, you're okay (as far as the flushing rule goes).