PDA

View Full Version : is my tank ready for an anemone

CGUTH
02/07/2008, 08:27 PM
i know you are going to ask for parameters, i am unprepared for that at this time. this isnt my first saltwater tank, but i am resetting it up. it has been going for about a month. no fish, just some live rock from an established tank. it has some mushrooms on the rock, and they seem to be thriving. the aptasia (sp?) is growing like crazy too. i plan on taking them out of the tank this weekend because i know they are a pest and spread like wildfire. but my question is because the aptasia is a form of an anemone, would i be able to put an long tentacle anemone in the tank and it survive? i dont want to do a trial and error, because i dont agree with needless killing of animals. please dont bite my head off because i dont have the params, i will be getting those tomorrow. my equipment is a 120 tall, 4 48" vho's, skimmer, and sump with rubble and 50 pounds of sand.

kau_cinta_ku
02/07/2008, 08:31 PM
IMO you will want more lighting as that is a tall tank MH's would be your best bet. and also wait till the tank is running for around 8-10 monthes to make sure it is stable. aptasia is not a good indicator on if your tank is safe for anemones.