PDA

View Full Version : 6055 nano stream broken mount brackets

ZenReefer
02/07/2008, 09:55 PM
I recently purchased 3 Tunze nano streams and have been very happy with them except today I came home to a loud banging on the inside of the tank! The Tunze mount bracket broke releasing the pump allowing the pump to oscillate dangerously! Luckily this did not turn into a disaster. I checked my other streams and noticed the other one also had broken bracket. I have only had them for about 5 months.

I am hoping that Tunze will have a fix for this soon. Apparently, the bracket material becomes brittle after exposure to salt water and vibration from the pump. Since the brackets are pre-loaded (in bending) by pushing the pump body between the brackets, they fatigue rapidly. Looks like a material change is in order here.

Well, Tunze, I hope this constructive feedback helps improve the product. I would surely appreciate some spare brackets so I can continue using the pumps.

sincerely,

Keith Rowley

13479 Cool Lake Way
San Diego, CA 92128

keith@indoor-oceans.com

member: So Cal Marine Aquarium Society

rvitko
02/08/2008, 09:59 AM
We have already changed the material and slightly changed the design, this was done in late September. I will send 3.

ZenReefer
02/08/2008, 10:52 PM
Thank you very much Roger. It is good to know that Tunze stands by their products. These nano streams are really nice pumps; quiet powerful and compact . If I had to zip tie them to something I would still use them!

Thanks again,

Keith

ZenReefer
02/20/2008, 10:03 PM
Thanks Roger,

I received the new mount brackets in the mail. They look identical to the old ones. Are the ones you sent me replacements until the new design is out?

Keith

rvitko
02/21/2008, 10:29 AM
They are the new ones, they do look the same but if you look closely you will see the mounting tabs are thicker, they have a reinforcement on the back. The main change is the type of plastic.

ZenReefer
03/05/2008, 11:42 AM
thanks again.

they do seem much stronger when snapping them onto the mounts.

keith