PDA

View Full Version : Anthelia (or xenia) problems!!!!

tobuff
02/09/2008, 05:20 AM
When I bought the Anthelia, it seems very good though; in a good shape and everything. However, when i put into my tank, it seems to be shrinking a little bit. it doesn't bloom at all. Don't understand why. I have 250W MH set up for lighting. The water parameter is fine. I even change the water even though it is ok. The current in the tank is also done the wavemeker Tunze 6100. By the way, my tank is 100g.

I really why it keep shrinking.
Help!!! How to make it better?....

By the way, on the first night in my tank, due to the malfunction of the timer, the light was on for about 14 hours. So can it be because of the long photoperiod?

vito is hooked
02/09/2008, 07:23 AM
Might have cooked it. Were your M/H on? How high in tank was it?

tobuff
02/09/2008, 08:29 AM
555. Overcooked!!! Really?....yes, the MH is on. And, it was about 3/4 high in the tank and directly under the light.

but, its skin still look good.. UMMM...how to describe?...well, its skin is still like young woman, not like an old lady. Just that, it does not bloom at all...

rigleautomotive
02/09/2008, 08:41 AM
they are very sensitive to heat.i notice if temp goes higher than 83 f,they seem to not respond well.they also will get a bacterial infection if not getting enough flow of if food settles on them and is not blown off by current.they are sensitive to salinity changes also.water quality is also equally as important.if things are right they grow like a weed once acclimated.

vito is hooked
02/09/2008, 09:04 AM
Something I have learned the hard way, ALLWAYS put new arrivels t the bottom with no light for a little while, then bring them up SLOWLY, to where there comfortable. You might have to use the screen trick with some.

tobuff
02/09/2008, 09:19 AM
thanks for the information. Anyway, I think it is xenia, not anthelia. pretty sure now.

byt eh way, the temperature should be ok cos i have chiller set up, so the temperature is always 83F.