PDA

View Full Version : reccomendations on caring for pulsing xenia

crash733
02/09/2008, 06:20 PM
I want to buy a small frag of pulsing xenia I saw at the lfs. I'm new to reef keeping and I'd like to know what to do to keep it in good shape. I haver a 75 g tank with 4 T5 lights for lighting all my water parameters are really good. I was wonder if to feed them and what to feed with and light requirments.

jakano
02/09/2008, 11:15 PM
As long as your lighting ,flow and water params are in good shape there isnt anything else to worry about. Xenia is super easy to have. In fact it wont be long you will be getting rid of some. Heck I just gave away a bunch myself. I wish you lived close to me I would save you some money and give you some to.

striperman
02/11/2008, 01:14 PM
As long as your nitrate levels are low and lighting is good they will spread fast.

natan
02/11/2008, 01:50 PM
"long as your nitrate levels are low..."
And if they are high, it will go even faster, as the X is purely photosinthetic (which meens they dont eat and no need 2 feed them) and leves of them (and P's). Given enough X is growing in the tank it will dramatically reduce the NO3, which is why the X-filters (in form of X-draped tank back glass) are so popular.
Do add some iodine if (when) you have lots of the X stff, use reasonable lighting (the more u have, the faster it will grov, but it can survive on next 2 nothing).
Go 4 it if U like it and want softies, it's the best beginer coral ever!

75pxatr
02/15/2008, 06:20 PM
I lost xenia in a new tank b4 my alk and PH were stable. My tank now is 3 years old and all water parameters optimal. My xenia is growing up the glass, over the rocks, even on one of my clams.

If this stuff does not do well in your tank it is a good indication that your water parameters need work.