PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly that eats Aptasia

btkrausen
02/10/2008, 11:43 AM
What is the name of the butterfly that eats aptashia?

I'm not looking for Copperband, but the other one, which is yellow/white and black.

kar93
02/10/2008, 11:51 AM
racoon? http://www.oneprogressbaratatime.com/uploaded_images/DSC_7542-791163.jpg
Never owned one but i think they will eat aiptasia alot more readily than the CBB and i think they eat prepared foods more readily aswell.

Gdevine
02/10/2008, 11:53 AM
A Klein's Butterfly will tear up Aptasia!

Klein's Butterfly Fish is usually touted as one of the best Butterfly Fish for a beginning marine aquarist. These fish are among the hardiest Butterflies, and can make good community fish.

In the wild, most Klein's Butterflies are found at depths between 45 and 50 feet (13 to 15 meters), though some inhabit shallower or deeper waters, up to about 90 feet (27 meters) deep. Normally peaceful, Klein's Butterfly Fish get along well with other fish in community aquariums. Normally they will accept other Butterflies of the same species, so long as they are introduced to an aquarium simultaneously. Klein's Butterfly Fish will accept a variety of foods. They may graze on live rock, and often prey on aptasia anemones that may be nuisances in marine aquariums.

A mature Klein's Butterfly normally measures about five inches (12.5 centimeters) long. It has a vertical bar through the eye that is normally a dark violet shade. A dark band located toward the front of the body divides two light yellow tinted sections. This yellow color darkens to a more golden hue, which dominates the back section of the body. The entire body of a Klein's Butterfly is decorated by dark dots.

Klein's Butterflies are native to Indo Pacific regions. They are also found in the Indian Ocean, and have been noted along Africa's eastern coast.

vikings10
02/10/2008, 11:54 AM
I had a racoon butterflyfish that completely eliminated Aptasia.

btkrausen
02/10/2008, 11:55 AM
Klein is what I was thinking of. I bought one last night, and completely forgot the name of him.

Thank you VERY much.