PDA

View Full Version : Phos reactor question

scuttlebut
02/10/2008, 12:58 PM
What seems to be the consensus on which pump should be used with a phosban reactor. I know 80 to 90 GPH is what the mfr. recommends. I thought of running a tee fitting and ball valve off of my return pump (Pondmaster 750) and using it that way but others are telling me I should use a small submersible pump in the sump. Which is the most beneficial or recommended way?

jgs107
02/10/2008, 01:48 PM
im using a maxi jet 1200 as a feed pump to one of those water purifiers that i converted into a carbon reactor.works pretty well i would imagine it would do the same thing for you

draleigh
02/10/2008, 01:53 PM
you can tee off a return without problem. You may have a tough time determining the extact flow, but with a ball valve (or better yet a gate valve) you can tune it to what you works best. I am getting a new return pump for my system and plan to make a manifold to split off an feed a phos reactor and carbon reactor. I perfer to split it off the return because you are not adding any heat or electricity of another pump.

scuttlebut
02/10/2008, 03:19 PM
Should the return from the reactor be run back to the sump ro into the display tank?

funman1
02/10/2008, 04:57 PM
I run mine into the sump