PDA

View Full Version : Clowns for a 29gal?

DewDropPony
02/10/2008, 03:22 PM
What clown fish would you recommend for a 29 gal? And should I get only a pair or just do a species only clown tank?

If I do say, just get a pair of maroon clowns, what other fish could I keep in the tank with them. I know the 29 is limited in what fish I can keep. I don't mind gobies but I don't want more than one of those. What other interesting fish could I keep with clowns? I really like tangs and angels, but I know this tank is too small for them. Is there anything else like a tang or angel that is good with clown fish, or should I just do only clown fish? Also, it is possible to keep different species of clown fish together?

reefman13
02/10/2008, 03:45 PM
I would say a pair. True or False percula clownfish would be your best bet.

sedorusc
02/10/2008, 04:34 PM
certain angels can do well in smaller tanks. be careful if you plan on sps corals or clams. they are notorious nippers. coral beauty is a nice angel. my wifes favorite.

DewDropPony
02/10/2008, 10:59 PM
So you think maybe a pair of true perculas, a flame angel, and some type of goby will work?

DewDropPony
02/10/2008, 11:01 PM
P.S. As of now this is not a reef. May make it into one later on depending on my success with this part.

sedorusc
02/11/2008, 09:18 AM
smallest to go with a flame would be a 29 gallon. they are one of the more notorious nippers though, but I have seen them kept in a beautiful mixed reef with mostly sps.