PDA

View Full Version : Can I dose Tropic Marine 2-Part Trace & 2-Part Bionic into a daily reservior?

tonyespinoza
02/10/2008, 05:48 PM
I'm working on the design of my new SPS system.

I've been running the LM3 water changer and while I LOVE the stability/regularity it provides (and elimination of big changes), I don't trust it completely -- I know that eventually all automated things fail.

So I'm thinking for the new, larger system, I will have a daily water change area of the sump and have a manual valve in place to drain the right amount and then fill the right amount without affecting the water level in the display. I will do this daily and when I'm traveling I'll have the fish feeder do it.

I'd like to setup the LM3's to dose my Bionic into this water changing reservoir (which will be sized to be my daily water change volume).

Is there any reason this is a bad idea? For instance, if the amount of Bionic dumped into reservoir precipitate, even if separated by 12 hours, given the dosage will be sized for the whole system volume?

I don't know enough about Bionic to guess and would hate to be wrong about this.

The goal is to have automated systems in place, but to make the daily water change the check-point to prevent any system failure from rippling into the tank unnoticed for a longer period of time.

Thanks for any thoughts!