PDA

View Full Version : Goby compatibilty?

rlf_racing
02/11/2008, 05:40 PM
I posted this in the fish only and aggressive fish forum and haven't received any replies. I posted this yesterday and have been patient. so this is my question. I currently have two diamond gobies. One is about 4 1/2 long and the other is 1 1/2 long. I came across a couple of mated pairs of the Gold Head Sleeper Goby. Can these two different typrs of gobies get along? Or am I going to have to get rid the diamonds to get the mated pair of the gold heads?

bertoni
02/11/2008, 05:53 PM
How big is the tank? Is this the 75g in your profile? Those are both bottom dwellers, so I'd be a bit worried, personally.

rlf_racing
02/11/2008, 06:01 PM
Yes this only the tank i have. What would you suggest on this matter? Would I need to get rid of the diamond gobies to get the gold head gobies? The lfs has the gold head in with other gold heads and other diamond gobies. that is why I ask.

bertoni
02/11/2008, 07:06 PM
I would keep only one pair, but fish are all individuals, and you might get lucky. I don't know enough about those goby species to say much. I've only kept the Yellow Watchman.

rlf_racing
02/11/2008, 07:22 PM
I have to agree with fish are all individuals. I have had the large diamond gogy for about four months and the little guy since december. But they have only been in the same tank together for a couple of weeks. I had the little guy in a 12 gal nano for a couple weeks but i started having temp issues. So I had to break it down and put them together. Since then no problems, even with the major size difference. So I guess I will play it safe and let some other lucky couple get them. Thanks for the help.

rlf_racing
02/11/2008, 07:23 PM
P.S. Heck I might even be lucky in the near future with my gobies, they could even end up being a mated pair.

bertoni
02/11/2008, 08:20 PM
My Yellow Watchman were a mated pair. I'd see flurries of babies from time to time.

ahullsb
02/11/2008, 08:59 PM
I would choose one or the other. Personally I think two diamond gobies in a 75 would be overkill on your sandbed in the long run.

Larah
02/11/2008, 09:11 PM
How a Bi-color Blenny and a Scooter Blenny?
Can thtey co-exist?
Is a Bi-color blenny really a blenny?
Since the scooter is acutally a dragonet?

Not to hyjack your thread man.....

Larah
02/11/2008, 09:28 PM
*BUMP*

rlf_racing
02/11/2008, 10:09 PM
Larah thats cool. I don't mind. I didn't really think that it would be overkill for my sand bed. I feed pellets in the morning and frozen at night. Both take the pellets and frozen with no problems. So starving I don't think that is possible. But I could be wrong, let me know.

rlf_racing
02/11/2008, 10:57 PM
bump

MTB
02/12/2008, 12:10 AM
Larah, I think those two fish would get along fine. There body shapes are quite different.

rlf, I have seen gobies go at it before and it isn't pretty. I think you will run into problems. But, like Bertoni said, you could get lucky.

rlf_racing
02/12/2008, 12:13 AM
MTB did you have these gobies that fought in your tank? If so, how long were they together before they started fighting?

Larah
02/12/2008, 09:14 AM
I figured it would be ok since the blennie isn't really a blennie! He's a dragonette.. and the bulleet Goby is something else entirely! I also have 90 lbs of live rock for them to climb in, hang out on etc...