PDA

View Full Version : Euro Bracing Cracked

GOLDRAM
02/11/2008, 09:39 PM
Just recieved shipment of my 500 acrylic tank from my builder and the euro bracing is cracked in two places. There are no other signs of damage to the tank.

My question is can I patch the two cracks with a piece of acrylic ? Or do I stand the hassle and expense of trying to make it right from the carrier or the vendor? Trying to collect or get it right from the trucking company could be a long drawn out affair. If I can make the repair myself I will. Not having had a tank of this size before I want to be sure before I touch the tank myself. Of course time is of the essence when dealing with hidden damage from a shipping companys view point. I am not looking for anything more than knowing weather or not a patch will give the Euro Bracing the proper support for it to do it's job. If not then I will persure the trucking company to make it right.

Thanks inadvance to all who have input.

advice1
02/11/2008, 10:04 PM
you just got the tank.. why would you want a brand new tank that is already cracked? send it back and get it fixed

Rickyrooz1
02/11/2008, 10:15 PM
Send it back, did the manufacturer ship it to you?

ricks
02/11/2008, 10:22 PM
The manufacturer will replace the tank. I've had several tanks with issues and they were always replaced. Why would you want to settled for a new tank with a crack?

If they give you any problems mention reef centrals forum...

Good Luck

GOLDRAM
02/11/2008, 10:44 PM
I have just finished an email to the Manufacturer of the tank and will await his reply. They had the tank shipped from LA. via an over land trucking company to the trucking companys warehouse here in Michigan for my pick up. I picked the tank up last tuesday but only today had enough help to get it in place and to start unwrapping it. We will see what the vendor says. I agree with all of the statements about not keeping the tank but I am so excited about putting things together the thought of having to wait a couple more weeks to get things going again is just killing me. But then again having 500 gallons plus of water ending up on the new floor is not so appealing either. Thanks for helping me keep my head on straight gang......

djay
02/11/2008, 10:54 PM
good luck, hope ypu get a replacement tank

Elliott
02/12/2008, 08:42 AM
hey, reef keeping lesson #1, never be in a hurry :D

Oldtimer
02/12/2008, 10:18 AM
Where in MI are you located?

GOLDRAM
02/13/2008, 06:18 AM
Commerce Twp. which is over by Milford if your not familiar with the area. about 40 miles give or take from your neck of the woods.

GOLDRAM
02/13/2008, 06:25 AM
Just and update to this thread... Tank Manufacture called me yesterday and is having a local company come out to take care of the tank. I have total confidence at this point that it will be resolved completey. I will pass along names when I am finished. Thanks again for all your inputs.......

Have yet to hear from the trucking company.

GOLDRAM
02/13/2008, 06:28 AM
Hey Elliot:D

We will be out to your Great State to view that Hole in the ground you guys have in the next couple of months. Are there any good LFS to visit while we are in town????

Ps... Just so you know I been playing with these crazy things called Aquariums since I was about 3 years old. today well 45 years later i still get so excited when a new tank is being set up.

Keeping Marine animals started in the 70's with a 55 gallon tank in my parents living room. Trust me when I say Mom insured I kept after that tank with my maintenance schedules etc... I can remember my first PJ Cardinals and Clown Fish.... Today some years later I still marvel at the colors and the calming effect the Marine world has on me after a rough week at work. Although we did'nt have any corals to choose from back then the Fish and the colors just take ones breath away. Might add that the equipment sure has changed over the years, along with all the husbandry. I will be in touch with the out come of this project...........

Elliott
02/13/2008, 08:34 AM
if your in Phoenix check out Aqua Touch, About the Reef and Aquarium Arts :)

Oldtimer
02/13/2008, 09:00 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11836196#post11836196 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GOLDRAM
Commerce Twp. which is over by Milford if your not familiar with the area. about 40 miles give or take from your neck of the woods.

Yes, familiar with Commerce Twp. We have some friends out that way. I used to spend a lot of time in Milford when I was younger. Nice area of town. Good luck with the tank. Can't wait to see it progress. I'm in the process of putting a tank room together in my basement with a ~ 240 gal in-wall display and about 500 gal total system volume. I'm planning to go witn an AGE tank so I'll have fun with the shipping process myself. I couldn't imagine opening up the crate to find a damaged tank after all the waiting!

reefkeeper135
02/13/2008, 01:31 PM
if your in Phoenix check out Aqua Touch, About the Reef and Aquarium Arts

I second Aqua Touch and Aquarium arts, I live about 200 miles away but will make the trip often. Both are top notch dealers

stunreefer
02/14/2008, 09:23 AM
GOLDRAM, I'm glad to see you are pursuing having the company fix the tank. Even though you could probably fix it yourself, its brand new, you just paid a bunch of $$$ for it, and why not really? I dont know if your a MR (Michigan Reefers) member, but there is a guy on there who had his bracing let go very recently. Thanks to the help of a lot of people everything worked out for him, but still.... Next to coming home to a wiped-out-tank, having your bracing go would be the worst!

I'm in MI too and would love to come see this monster some day!

GOLDRAM
02/15/2008, 05:52 AM
Old Timer Sounds like we should know one another would like to see your set up some time. Once we get the tank moving again I will start to post pictures although I am not so proficient in posting pictures. I will try............

Stunreefer I am a member on MR. just havent been active much in a while... Is your name there same as here??? I dont recall seeing it but, then again I have"nt been active in a while.

The wife and I will come see the Aqua Touch when we visit Ariz.

Thanks for the inputs to all.

As far as the Euro Bracing on the tank we are in a coordination process with folks trying to get our schedules to match up right now. Looks like first part of next week will let you know........