PDA

View Full Version : Good filters for Aquapods

Teen Aquarist
02/11/2008, 10:59 PM
I had a Sub current wet/dry filter and it made my tank run way to hot. I tryed to put a small maxi jet in there but it did not fit. What are some good filters/skimmers for a power compact 24 gallon Aquapod? All i have in there right now is Chemi-pure elite and a sponge.

Teen Aquarist
02/11/2008, 11:29 PM
Bumpity bump bump

Bmgrocks
02/11/2008, 11:33 PM
I've run my Aquapods Skimmerless, Weekly 1g for my AP12 and 5 for my AP24.. I use a AC70 refugium, and keep Chemipure Elite and Purigen in my back chambers. The fuge if full of Chaeto, and a little bit of LR Rubble. Make sure if you use the fuge, that you slow down the flow, to barely a trickle. The longer the chaeto has in contact with the water, the more pollutants it can pull out...Good Luck!

Teen Aquarist
02/11/2008, 11:37 PM
Could u give me a link to ur refugium. Also how do I hook up a refugium to my tank? My tank is healvy stocked and i still want to look for a skimmer. do u know of any that will fit?

Bmgrocks
02/11/2008, 11:40 PM
there is a thread on how to build a AC70 fuge within the next few pages, I'm not familiar with posting links

The Saphire skimmer will fit, as well as the AquaC Remora, CPR BakPak, and even the CoraLife SuperSkimmmer.