PDA

View Full Version : clown help

Chago09
02/12/2008, 07:32 AM
OK I am still planning my stock list for my tank. I was planning on keeping FOWLR although my significant other really likes the "nemo fish" lol . So I need to make her happy, otherwise I get a budget cut haha. So I like clowns anyways so its cool with me although I especially love it when I see two of them coming in and out of anenomes(sp?). Although my lighting is not going to be strong enough for that. I am currently running a simple dual 4 foot T-8 fixture which I think is about 88 watts although there much brighter than a regular t-12. This fixture honestly is not all that bad.

Anyways, to my question. I was wondering if a pair of clowns would make a similar home in a toadstool mushroom leather coral??? I could put it up high on the live rock and I know softies are low light so I think it would be ok. What you think??

rydr119
02/12/2008, 08:07 AM
my clown lives in my cynarnia( sp).

taillonjohn
02/12/2008, 08:28 AM
clowns will host in anything they fancy, may or may not be what you want them to host in. they might host the mushroom, or they might host your powerheads, heaters, anything....

dileggi
02/12/2008, 09:36 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11827324#post11827324 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by taillonjohn
clowns will host in anything they fancy, may or may not be what you want them to host in. they might host the mushroom, or they might host your powerheads, heaters, anything....

I agree. I've read posts on clowns that have hosted in frogspawn, bubble coral and like taillonjohn said, mushrooms!

I would also suggest posting the thread in the clownfish and anemone forum on here as well.

papagimp
02/12/2008, 09:39 AM
My mothers percula host with her magfloat! And she's bought two anemone's for it already, LOL. Not all species will need an anemone or host either, Occellaris & Percs will simply dig a hole in the dirt if need by. Mine did that for a long time before they finally took notice of the rose bubble I bought for em. Took them months to host in it....then I buy a green bubble tip for my maroon clowns and the female started hosting within 30 seconds. It's really all up to the clownfish.