PDA

View Full Version : Emperor Angel White Poop

Dunshster
02/12/2008, 11:39 PM
To start: I have had my 120 gallon tank settup with 200 lb's liverock for nearly a year with the most recent additions 3.5-4 months ago which were a few lyretail anthias and an emperor angel.

I feed the tank formula 1 pellets, formula 2 pellets, New life spectrum, frozen mysis, blood worms, and a few other frozen packs. I mix all the frozen stuff in a bowl and add kent marine zoe, a drop of garlic xtreme, and selcon. I also give them a couple strips of seaweed a week.

Ammonia and nitrate are 0 and nitrate is always steady around 5.

I have never actually seen my emperor angel poop until today and it was pretty white. He is acting 100% normal and is still eating like a pig, I just fed him again and am hoping to see if he will poop again.

Do you think this is some sort of parasite? or can this be a normal occurance, I really love this fish and do not want to loose it.

Thank you very much for your time.
-Chris

*Edit Sry, I meant to put this in the Fish Disease Treatment forum*

cloak
02/13/2008, 12:02 PM
I wouldn't worry to much about it. As long as it's eating a varied diet and you see it putting on some weight, growing. Shouldn't be a problem.

Dunshster
02/13/2008, 01:05 PM
It has been putting on weight, growing, and starting to change to its adult form. I just knew white poop can mean parasites so I got scared. Thanks for the help.

cloak
02/13/2008, 01:47 PM
Usually when the feces is white, kinda stringy, and tends to stay attached for awhile. Something might be wrong. Just keep a close eye.