PDA

View Full Version : Experiences with Imperator/Emperor Angelfish (Pomacanthus imperator).

UrbanSage
02/13/2008, 12:21 AM
Howdy,

I would like to add one of these beauties. And if it is the risk of it nipping/eating coral polyps and sponge then I am willing to risk it.
Is there other risks involved with this angel people are aware of?

Thanks!

yoboyjdizz
02/13/2008, 12:28 AM
Calms as well usually people have had success with them in sps systems just keep them well fed. They also like to be the boss of the tank. Though there not overally aggressive but very assertive at times.

Dakota Reef
02/16/2008, 10:03 PM
Hey Nick,

I agree, I think the biggest risk would be to your clam(s) and possibly any LPS. All in all, I hope it works out as well for you as it has so far for me and my Majestic.

Any way to quarantine him and get him used to eating aquarium food before you let him loose in your tank?

UrbanSage
02/16/2008, 11:51 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11866822#post11866822 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dakota Reef
Any way to quarantine him and get him used to eating aquarium food before you let him loose in your tank?

Phil,

I think stopping the flow to the refugium will do the trick. With flow in there the angel will be good for a long time.

kau_cinta_ku
02/17/2008, 01:27 AM
you could always sell me the clams before you put the emp. in the tank then nothing to worry about:))

but deff. gonna have to let me come by and see it if you get one. they are my fav. fish.

KuanTi
02/18/2008, 12:26 AM
they'll pick fights if the tank isnt large enough and eat zoanthids like candy