PDA

View Full Version : Any problems w/ Perfecto Tanks?

Amoore311
02/15/2008, 01:29 PM
I'm in the process of pricing out a couple different tank options for my upgrade.

One store told me they no longer carry Perfecto Aquariums, b/c the quality has apparently severely dropped off. They said they have had a lot of problems with the seals.

I haven't anything like this pop up on here, and figured I would have seen something in regards to this kind of info.

The Perfecto tank is a good $65.00 Cheaper than the All Glass 120 Gallon.

Any info or experience w/ Perfecto Tanks?

cccapt
02/15/2008, 05:02 PM
I just bought a 125 Perfecto CornerFlo. The seams all look real good. I have no complaints.

sharuq1
02/15/2008, 08:06 PM
I heard a while back there was a bad batch of perfectos. Supposedly that problem had been fixed, but I don't know if I would personally trust getting a large one and having it bust.

ACBlinky
02/15/2008, 08:54 PM
My 90g and 30g are both Perfecto brand, no complaints here. Both have black silicone, clean, even trim, and until I scratched them, the glass on both was crystal clear (unlike my 30g All-Glass sump, though I have little doubt it was the store that scratched it, not the manufacturer).

MeuserReef
02/15/2008, 10:07 PM
I just purchased a 120 Perfecto this past weekend. I had been looking for a standard 90 gallon for a while and was stuck between the AGA and the Oceanic.

I liked the Oceanic because it had the beveled glass edges, however it had the massive glass center brace. Such a large center brace would not make for a happy reefkeeper who is always in and out of the tank.

The AGA had the slim black plastic center brace, but had no beveled edges, and to be honest, most had crappy silicone jobs (clear silicone) and often times misaligned glass panels. I rarely found one with black silicone (which I prefer)

The Perfecto tank could not have been more perfect-o (pun intended)! It had the slim plastic center brace, beveled glass edges, BLACK silicone, and evenly aligned glass panels. The silicone job was done perfectly. And the best part of it all, I got $50 off when I used my PetPerks card!

Now comes the months-long planning, building, planning, building,...

atvdave
02/15/2008, 10:57 PM
My 125 has been OK for over 2 years now.

AquamanE
02/16/2008, 12:41 PM
New 65 gal with overflow. works great!